bike having trouble up 20 degree incline

I try to match only the diameter of the brass seat where the needle fits in.
The actual hole where the tip of the needle seals against is much smaller.
The lapping arbor (centerpunch) has to be larger in diameter than the hole it is lapping against. Use the finest lapping compound you can find. It should not take much work to clean the seat up. It is better to sneak up on a good lap than it is to take a whole bunch of material off first and hope it is good enough later. If you have good eyes you will see where you have removed the material. Use a magnifying lens if necessary.

Last edited:
If there is a honda that doesnt look like a plastic box with a parachute ripcod attached, ill definately buy one.

Have a look at what the RC mob are doing with this motor. They look quite good naked. [The motors, not the RC mob]

Very true. But, the shroud is there to make sure the motors get airflow past the cylinder, and an RC airplane gets plenty of airflow without it. (and, in that application, the engines won't sit around idling much...)

Attachments

• honda.gif
    honda.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 140
That sucks! At least you did your best and gave the carburetor a good chance at working correctly. Save it for spare parts.

have you tried taking the baffle out of your exhaust? I did that and I got WAY more power right away... downside is that the motor is a lot louder... although I think it sounds pretty cool. I get up hills now with no problem that the motor used to bog down on. It's worth a shot.

The problem is a leaking carb. How would removing the baffle from the muffler help this?
Also, removing the baffle will result in a negative viewpoint from other citizens due to the excessive noise. The MB community is fighting enough negativity as it is. We want to increase the popularity of MB's not make other folks hate them because they are way too loud.

The problem is a leaking carb. How would removing the baffle from the muffler help this?
Also, removing the baffle will result in a negative viewpoint from other citizens due to the excessive noise. The MB community is fighting enough negativity as it is. We want to increase the popularity of MB's not make other folks hate them because they are way too loud.

I know the problem is a leaking carb; I was just offering advice on how to get more power in general... and I'm aware that my bike is loud. However, it's not as loud as the average motorcycle, and frankly I'm not too concerned what other people think, as a general rule. I obey traffic laws, ride during the day so as not to disturb people's quite time, and most of the time I get friendly waves from the folks in my neighborhood.

also, my carb does and always has leaked. I tighten the screws after every ride, and I took the baffle out. Now I get better performance. End of story. I guess I'm just puzzled at why people on this forum are so tight a**ed and preachy when I was just making a suggestion.

Still waiting on carb. That squealing is apparently coming from the clutch housing. If I simply put my hand on it, it stops. The motor has about 75 minutes of use on it. Suggestions?

Back