bike having trouble up 20 degree incline

The clutch studs are rubbing on the inside of the gear case cover. It is quite common actually.
The only cure is to grind the 3 studs a teeny bit shorter or double up on the gaskets.
Caution: if the studs are ground too short, the clutch will be ruined. That job takes good judgment to do correctly.
Every once in a while it is the flower nut locking screw. That can also be carefully ground or filed a bit thinner to clear the cover while still allowing a screwdriver to work it

Ohnestly most that rub only rub a teeny bit and will eventually clearance themselves with time. It is however a smart idea to simply take the cover off and see how much rubbing is actually happening. If it looks like it is going to cut a hole through the cover is must be corrected!

Last edited:
Will do
Got new carb today. Put it on an realized that the brass nozzle for the fuel line is too small for the bike's 1/4". fuel line. Because of the angle I I have NO room for an adapter. And barely have room for the filter. Any OTHER suggestions... (This is getting to be like a chess game)

I would get a piece of fuel line that is the correct size for the carburetor inlet. It most likely will be too small for the fuel filter. You can convince the hose to still fit the filter with a little oil on the filter end or heating the hose so it softens up a bit and becomes more pliable.
Twist the hose while pushing it on and it will eventually fit.
It know it sounds hokey, but it has worked many times in the past for me.

Then, that's what the motor must be putting out because ut did it!!!
SUCCESS!!!! The carb works great!!!
Goy a ported billet intake and boost bottle too
Thank you to all sho helped me with this especially Gear Nut
Ok...now for some fine tuning
Are there any links to tune a CN carb?
Also the bowl went dxry once can't figure out why. But it started toi refill after I stopped. What's the deal with the vent on the bottom of the carb?
Olk

No CNS carb tuning threads yet as I know of. They seem to be too new for that.
I have seen a few videos of them on utube, but alot of them seem to be full of BS or very little useful information.
The vent tube on the bottom of the carburetor is exactly that, a float bowl vent and an overflow tube. Keep the hose attached to it and do not let the hose get kinked.

I really want to get one of these carburetors in my hands. I would do a total teardown and show and tell with one. There seems to be alot of confusion surrounding them.

Hopefully I will have a new job next week and I can save up for one, though I really would prefer a Mikuni VM16 or VM18. That is a darned good carburetor!

Back