Bushings?/Bearings? and oil

So I just finished a 1/2 gallon of Maxima 927 in my bike. Originally when my tank was about 1/4 full of my synthetic pre mix from the parts store I added the maxima mix of 6 oz to a gallon.
One thing that definetly threw me for a loop was how much thicker the maxima is. You would think it was motor oil.
Anyway,I'm talking IMMEDIATLY here,I noticed a quieter engine. I also noticed that at speeds because it's quieter it dosen't sound like it's about to blow up. I also noticed my average speed went up a notch from 15 to 18mph to 17 to 20 mph.(I don't like redlining my engine,thank you)
It's definetly expensive stuff,but I think it's well worth it.
..and I've been averaging 200 MPG. Maybe because in Colorader,we gots hills and I shut it off whenever I go downhill.
Also I bet the lower speeds has something to do with it too.
When my gallon container runs out,I'll make just one more batch with 6 oz in it,then I'll go 5 oz afterwards,only because this stuff is pretty expensive and I love to ride.
That should be another 300 miles.

RC, thanks for that opinion. I'm hoping for an opinion of the options available to me. How about Marvel Mystery Oil? Would that be a substitute for the castor oil? I know I'm poking a hornet's nest here.

I'm sorry,I should have stated FACT and not opinion that a castor based oil such as Klotz supertechniplate or Maxima 927 is superior to anything out there that isn't castor based. There is a reason why cart racers and serious 2 stroke motorbike racers use castor based oils.

Search for my username and you'll come across numerous posts where I have cut and paste important performance characteristics of each oil and highlighted where pure synthetics fall short.

Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) is not a replacement 2 stroke lubrication oil and using it will destroy your engine. A touch of it in the fuel tank with a castor based oil may help keep things cleaner but I wouldn't use it.

RC and I have the same affection towards castor oils and their long history protecting all manner of 2 stroke engs AND helping them produce more power AND longer/cooler running. Oil is cheap, castor oil is cheap......compared to a nuked top end or a melted lower rod bearing!
Large Filipino took a chance at straying from the oil he had confidence in and has seen the benifits of castor based oil, after only a short run. HIS engine is breathing easier because of better lubrication, there is no downside to using more oil (OK maybe a few pennies more for the good oil and plugs!) beyond a bit more smoke and a fouled plug now and then.
The thicker oil ratios (25:1 20:1 16:1 etc) will change your mixture MARGINALLY, not even a whole jet size really so no worries despite what some may say. It really is only a fractional change, truly.
BTW......anyone who lives in hilly country, be careful coming DOWN those hills you just climbed up. These little engines are run on the fuel /oil premix we just mentioned, riding down a long hill with the throttle closed results in nearly zero fuel getting to the motor......and since the oil is mixed in the fuel that also results in a lack of oil getting to the motor too. This is easily avoided though with a "blip" of the throttle every so often, pull the clutch in and rev the motor a few times during your desent. Been there, fried that :eek:

regards,
Ray

Back