can anybody tell me what the white wire is for?

wire it up like i said but only use it in a emergency,use you choke to kill engine.

white to stripe wire on kill and black to ground.

I don't know what make you have, but my manual says the white wire has a power output of 7+ v. They say to hook the two kill switch wires to the two wires from engine to coil (cap off the white if not used for accesories) Then hook one wire (any color from kill switch) to one wire to coil, the other wire from kill switch to the other wire to coil. I hooked mine up useing one wire from kill switch to blue wire on coil, the other wire from kill switch to chasis (ground) It works, but it is still wrong to create a direct short! If there was a kill switch that worked like a refridgerator door switch (closed when out, open when pushed in) That would be the te way to go!!!

Sorry C.F But I'll leave this build the way it is. The next build will be wired right.

Last edited:
I instruct all my customers to use the white wire to kill the engine. No problems, and it is safer IMO.

If you really think that using the kill switch can cause problems, just pop the clutch to stall the engine out.

the white wire has a metal plug to hook to a wire(stripe one on kill switch) the blue one does too but hooks to blue wire on engine and you would have to splice it to hook to another wire,now which one sounds right.
and if your choke doesnt stop the engine you have a airleak.
but i really dont care where anyone hooks up there killswitch to hook it up to the 200-300volt blue wire if you want to.i prefer the 6volt wire.and i got my info from most of the bike engine websites manuals,well the good sites atleast i dont care about the others.
and yes you can hook the white wire to the kill switch and a light at the same time.
but i have a rechargable battery to power my lights and can light a parking lot up with them.

Last edited:
Back