Can you recommend a reliable powerful 4 stroke?

Depending upon the bike you use, you may need an extension bracket.

You will need to get the Nuvinci hub laced into a wheel. If he still has any, the Mammoth BFR is a great rim for your needs. It's a little heaver than most, but, it's VERY strong. Have Staton lace the hub into the wheel; it'll save you time when the box of parts arrives.

The Hour/Tach meter would also be a good 'adder.'

I would recommend that you call Dave Staton and ask him what you'll need, after you get your bike, and can be looking at it when he asks any questions.

Note that the derailleurs have been removed from the bike in the pictures, and that the drive chain from the chain ring back to the Nuvinci hub is pretty sloppy. Staton may have a chain tensioner, or you can possibly find an aftermarket tensioner that will do the trick. (This is a common problem when converting a multi-speed bike to a single-speed.)

Here is what I'm going to do to give my trike a bit more power and make it a "All wheel drive" so to speak, for some offroad goodness :)

I have a 4 stroke front wheel friction drive, and I'm going to put a gear drive on the left rear tire, and the right rear is my pedaling tire.

I have searched to find the legalities of have two 49 cc motors on one bike but as of now I can't find anything, either way I live out in the booneys so I don't really care anyways.

If for some reason I did run into a cop I would tell them that is my "Back-up" drive, for the unfortunate chance my primary drive died far from home.

See how that flys :)

Back