Carb flooding. PLS HELP!

fatihk34

Local time
8:47 PM
I have 2 stroke chinise engine. The carb is flooding and engine won't idle. I got the brand new carb installed but it is still the same. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

if you mean that gas is dripping out of the carb, then you need to open the bowl and check the float needle and the float level

if you mean it is too rich, then be sure the choke is off, and try dropping the needle down a notch or two to see if that makes it leaner

yes it is running too rich, the engine cannot idle it sputters and die if i dont use the throttle. I installed brand new carb, the carb is fine what do you think it might be?

move the needle to a leaner point, also check the float level

the needle is set leanest and i adjusted the float level, did not work. Do you have any other suggestion? When I unscrew the drain screw lot of fuel comes out is it normal?

it could be that your muffler is clogged - check that by loosening it just a bit & see if it idles then (don't run it long, or you'll blow out the gasket)

Since you've had 2 carburetors flooding, 2 things could be happening. Either the muffler is plugged like crassius stated or if you have a dirty fuel filter or no fuel filter, crap maybe preventing the float to seat or your jet is clogged. Suggest you clean out the gas tank and install a new fuel filter.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Back