Cent. Clutch to torque converter?

Sean

Local time
12:24 PM
I'm thinking about switching from centrifugal&chain to a torque converter for my Phatmoto but all the kits look like the back shaft would be too short to line up with my back sprocket. Does anyone know of a kit that might work for my 80cc setup? It has 5/8 bore. Always great info here. Thanks.

Simplest solution to the shaft being too short. Get a longer shaft and cut to the size you need. Ideal? No, but simple.

I figured it would be easier with the sideways adjustable mount to align the chain. Sure it might cost a lite more than a shaft, but it would keep the shaft more supported.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
With something like a 3\1 cvt your current reduction will start out 3 times lower than what it is now. For example: 16\1×3= 48\1. Then it'll automatically reduce the reduction total as you speed up. If you encounter a steep hill and begin to slow down the reduction will increase thus increasing the torque allowing you to climb the hill.

Back