Chainsaws,weedwhackers,snow blowers...oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cleaned up my weed eater excalibur 25cc engine and took one clutch spring off to clean the shaft and the spring cracked:mad: will any spring work from the hardware store with the same size and tension work? or do i need a special type or spring?:-|

Probably not as the springs are perfectly set up to stretch from the centrifugal force at a certain rpm, Also if one has a different tension it will engage one clutch shoe at a different rate. Unless you were to replace all of the springs at the same time. You can buy pocket bike / mini moto clutch springs off ebay for about 3 quid ($1.50). You would have to look to see if they are the right type though.
Fastboy

i got a bike speedo, 9 function yesterday. I got up to 41km/h and did 8km, so ive done about 50km all up based on doin 8km today, ive done that everyday if not a little more for 5 days. So its all good.

25 cc chain drive

I am planing to build a 25 cc homelite weed wacker powered bike using chain drive. Also planing to use the rear derailer for gear shift. Will this work?

I am planing to build a 25 cc homelite weed wacker powered bike using chain drive. Also planing to use the rear derailer for gear shift. Will this work?

I hope so because I am planning to do the same thing hopefully with a 25cc leafblower

you guys are an inspiration to me so i wanted to trade some info with ya
(if ya dont already know)

srdavo...on yer chainsaw setup what size chain do ya use
and do you have the sprocket sizes you used( i tried counting but i kept losing count on the pix)

if y'all dont know a hand held blower normally has a bigger carb than its same cc-sized weed eater...
ya will need to tweak it but the power shows
it will probably work taking a 32cc engines carb and using on a 25cc engine but ive never done that
but if ya got a 32cc engine why wouldnt ya use it instead of the 25cc ?

ive been doing this for years on my whackers just to show up the neighbors

FWIW

mike

my other project is a briggs and straton 3.5 hp lawn mower engine

I'm looking at using a 3.5 or 4.5 B/S from a lawnmower, but I'd like to seat it inside the frame of a chopper. Do you think that'll work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back