Clutch clutch arm question

well yea, the 3 bars comming from the right side of the clutch...... that is what is out there on the internets. I mean all the forums, youtube videos and even here recomend doing the same thing, till it finnaly spins freely. I now consider this motor a practice motor, with the full intention of upgrading to a better motor. everyone says that the pk80...... thats eight zero (problems with my keyboard at the moment),,,,,is the way to go for reliableity and speed, and torque.

Nanoneval, do you have a better idea on how to reslove the problem I had? I am all ears. In case it happens in the future, I really would like to find a easier and simpler way.

OK, so the problem has been fixed. I have come to find out that the clutch arm is actually longer than normal. Fortunatly, I have a spare china girl motor and that is how I found out that the clutch arm was longer than need be. So, all I did was sledge hammer on a normal hammer on the concrete and bent it at about a 75 degree angle. Its the only way it would work. That was not all though. The clutch indeed was sticking and just gave it some wacks for about a half an hour and a bunch of debree fell onto the chain gaurd. What else can I say. Crappy motor, on a crappy bike, with a crappy clutch arm. The experence is not crappy, however. It was indeed a good learning experance. Now, I know enough to get an american PK80 motor on a decent frame, like a gt2a and build it myself. I am actually in the process of doing this at the moment. Best I can say now is I hope to blow up these motors ASAP so I can get a decent motor. In the mean time I have an extra motor for spare parts. Come winter time though, I plan on breaking the motor down and fiddle with it, just cause I can.

Thanks for all the comments on this thread and I hope I was not too much of a PITA, with another clutch tread.

So the debris fell onto the pedal chain? It is the clutch pad material then.. Hmm, I have read that some old engines have asbestos in the clutch pads so that is something to be careful with. I think what you did to fix it makes sense.
As for the PK80 I didn't/don't know if they are any better than other random generics. The engine that gets mentioned these days as being the best one to go for (if you are able/ in North America) is the Grubee Skyhawk GT5A which I read has better head studs that don't need to be replaced immediately. Just repeating what I have read. They also have thicker mounting studs and iirc wider spacing on the front mount.
Anyway here's an old thread that talks about the PK80
http://motoredbikes.com/threads/pk-80-or-sd-stinger.37598/

just to follow up and after its all done, I also discovered that I need clutch pads. Its in the mail. It should all be good after I replace the clutch pads. Now on to my next purchase, rims, and hubs for my next build.

Back