clutch cable holder under carburator broke off

davidguest

Local time
11:51 AM
photo of it As you see in the picture it broke of i dont know how i think it was weak but as you see if tried to glue it back but it didnt work. I did find out i can just press it the clutch arm just with my hand because i dont use the clutch alot. but if there is maybe an alternative way to fix this without buying a whole new engine?
Also i dont know if it has a other function than just holding the clutch cable so if there is tell me please. And another thing is to will it interfere with the crankshaft because i can see it from that broken hole. I would be glad if any of you guys could answer some questions of mine.

photo of it As you see in the picture it broke of i dont know how i think it was weak but as you see if tried to glue it back but it didnt work. I did find out i can just press it the clutch arm just with my hand because i dont use the clutch alot. but if there is maybe an alternative way to fix this without buying a whole new engine?
Also i dont know if it has a other function than just holding the clutch cable so if there is tell me please. And another thing is to will it interfere with the crankshaft because i can see it from that broken hole. I would be glad if any of you guys could answer some questions of mine.
You need to block off that hole.in the case or your engine probably won't run. You can build a bracket to hold the cable with some flat bar.

I first have to ask, how's your fab skills?

If you follow this thread, you can see how I dealt with that issue. Post #11 and #17 clearly shows the parts you have to make. The rollers are standard patio hardware from Home Depot.

If you have a reverse drill bit or an easy out bit you could try removing that piece. Bikeberry also sells replacement ones if you can get it out.

Back