Clutch Clutch types pros and cons

yes, a pull starter will stick out too far and the left side crank will hit it.
this requires either an off set crank set, bending the left side crank to clear it, or no peddling.

I was thinking a cen clutch and pull start would be perfect for my dad if I could do it on a trike
because he can ride an electric bike just fine but cant pedal without loosing balance
I figured the gas would be faster so maybe a trike is safer
and he could just take off with the cen clutch and have time to pedal if he could without worrying about falling over
and pull start it

well, you can find rear sprockets on e-bay pretty cheap. Yes, all coaster brake hub sprockets are the same and they are held to the hub with a snap ring. If you are unfamiliar with taking a bicycle hub apart, you best bet is to take it to a bike shop and let them do it.
Chaning a rear sprocket is about a 15 minute job start to finish.
going to a smaller front sprocket woudl give you the same results (like going from a 44 tooth to a 36 tooth) but changing the frint sprocket is a little more work.
Another thing to consider is that you may have to lengthen or shorten your chain depending on how much chain is on the bike, and which sprocket you change.
any time you want easier peddling (lower gear ratio) go to a bigger rear sprocket or a smaller front sprocket.

for the engine rear sprocket, if you want more torque for hill climbing, you woudl go with a bigger sprocket.
a bigger rear sprocket in this case, lowers the gear ratio and a smaller one will rais the gear ratio.
for the engine gearing (because the engine sprocket is a 10 tooth), a bigger rear sprocket will give you more torque on take off, faster acceleration, and better hill climbing ability. but there's a trade off, your engine will rev slightly higher at cruising speeds, and your top speed will go down.
If you want more top speed and less take off torque, you would have to go with a smaller sprocket.
a smaller sprocket raises the gear ratio, and give you more top end speed.
this is not good for climbing hills because you lose low end torque and acceleration.
the cruising rpm's will be lower with a smaller rear sprocket and the fuel mileage will go up slightly. but your top end speed will increase quite a bit.

still havent counted my teeth but came across this
its easier for me to change this out then the rear (the engine sprockets not the pedal sprockets)
11T 8MM T8F 05T STEEL
SPROCKET

third bank over 9 down http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2.html
Wondering if that engine sprocket fits my ht engine
is this another option to get the engine to accelerate easier for hills
or are you supposed to change the rear sprocket

Back