Clutch won't let peddle free

I can show you 10 brand new engines right now in the boxes that are wired exactly the same as Sharks is. I have 6 new completed running bikes wired exactly the way his is. HE HAS SPARK. So let's look for the reason the bike won't run rather than tearing apart things that are already correct.

And if any of them didn't run I would question bypassing the integrated white wire on the black wire ground.

And if any of them didn't run I would question bypassing the integrated white wire on the black wire ground.
OK, but would you still have the same question if you were getting spark? Or would you look in another direction? Hell who knows maybe there is something there. I'm thinking now that we know the rotor is on right it's back to step 1 and go through all possibilities again.

OK, but would you still have the same question if you were getting spark? Or would you look in another direction? Hell who knows maybe there is something there. I'm thinking now that we know the rotor is on right it's back to step 1 and go through all possibilities again.
I would still have the same opinion but it would be a nonissue.

Maybe its just time for a visible spark test before we go back to fuel delivery.

If you remove the sparkplug and leave it connected to the cdi and roll the bike forwards you should hear it snapping and/or see it spark.
Just dont zap yourself

Last edited:
How wet should the plug be ?
Very wet after all these tries to get it started!When I first asked if the plug was dry I also asked if the fuel bowl was infact full? When you took the carb apart to check the jet was the bowl full when you seperated it from the carb? IF it was that means your engine is not pulling the fuel thru it see post # 81 and try that,It does sound as if the engine has compression in the video, Dry and tight also and thats no good when you keep trying to start it with no lube in it!Any way with good seals all around and good compression it should be pulling fuel so let us know what you find!

This is my magnet at the top but it makes a pop /snap sound accompanied with a quick jolt when the piston is highest. Normal?

Not normal, i would have to hear it via audio to even know exactly.

Jolting I have only seen on my builds from chain tension issues - however it sounds like your piston might be striking the head in a worst case scenario or a foreign object is in the jug/head area or lack of a head gasket. I'm really reaching for any solutions here.

s**t even a crooked gasket could be dragging the corner of the piston, I've seen a lot of things.

Last edited:
I would still have the same opinion but it would be a nonissue.

Maybe its just time for a visible spark test before we go back to fuel delivery.

If you remove the sparkplug and leave it connected to the cdi and roll the bike forwards you should hear it snapping and/or see it spark.
Just dont zap yourself
Agreed on another spark test. Thought sure we had it when I saw the backwards rotor. As for the pop and jolt I chalked that up to the mechanical noise you hear on a free engine a when you come just past TDC and the piston returns downward to where the magnetism of the rotor drags it. We never have gotten a comp. reading. s**ts hard to read without eyes on. went back to no start vid. didn't sound like piston bounce on the head. Did notice only about 4 sec. attempt each time trying to start. Might just need to put a little more heart into a first start. I'd lmao if it didn't have a head gasket.

Agreed on another spark test. Thought sure we had it when I saw the backwards rotor. As for the pop and jolt I chalked that up to the mechanical noise you hear on a free engine a when you come just past TDC and the piston returns downward to where the magnetism of the rotor drags it. We never have gotten a comp. reading. s**ts hard to read without eyes on. went back to no start vid. didn't sound like piston bounce on the head. Did notice only about 4 sec. attempt each time trying to start. Might just need to put a little more heart into a first start.

he's putting as much heart as what 35th start sounds like

I've been in the middle of nowhere lost as f*** in the middle of the night fixing in the dark for hours, pedaling to the point of tears because I just love biking so much

LOL AND THEN ITS A KNOB OR SOMETHING RIDICULOUS!
as I've said I've overhauled my ride because of choke like 9 times more than I want to admit

Gets me all choked up thinking about it

I just took the plug out and test for spark it was good, then I proceeded to take the carb off and put my thumb over the opening and it was pulling my thumb into opening

I think somehow I'm not getting fuel so I'm going to go thru the fuel processes
Tank full of fuel open petcock,the fuel travels thru the fuel line and filter until it reaches the little gold nozzle tip on the carboreter which fills up the bowl on the on the bottom of the carb, and when the piston goes down it pulls air from the rear of the carburetor which also makes a Vaccum that pulls the fuel thru the jet when the jet needle is raised -into the Venturi and walah ? Power

Back