Clutch won't let peddle free

If I fill the bowl with fuel and then turn the fuel off and ride it out should the bowl should be relatively empty , that would be proof that fuel is going the distance right ?

he's putting as much heart as what 35th start sounds like

I've been in the middle of nowhere lost as f**k in the middle of the night fixing in the dark for hours, pedaling to the point of tears because I just love biking so much

LOL AND THEN ITS A KNOB OR SOMETHING RIDICULOUS!
as I've said I've overhauled my ride because of choke like 9 times more than I want to admit

Gets me all choked up thinking about it
I had one of those but it was a barrel adjuster at the throttle that somehow or another got loose and effectively 'adjusted' my idle really high by putting so much tension in the cable. Took days maybe even a week of various attempts to find an air leak, carb adjustments and all that fun before I gave up and figured it was a lost cause and I had to break the motor down.

Well I went to work shortly after deciding that that would be what I'd do when I got home and in the intersection right before I'd turn into the parking lot while waiting to make a left I looked down at my throttle and noticed it just didn't look right.

Well after swapping all those pipes and this and that just to find a problem it was just my throttle being a little too tight. Soon as I pulled into the lot I turned the adjuster (which is mainly covered with a rubber boot, probably why I didn't notice at first) and the idle immediately dropped to normal, with no other problems at all.

I don't know how it ended up so far out all of a sudden, but I know it happens now, so if looking for what seems to be a leak I do a double check of that part just so I know it's not something really stupid.

If I fill the bowl with fuel and then turn the fuel off and ride it out should the bowl should be relatively empty , that would be proof that fuel is going the distance right ?
Yes. That is a lot of pedaling. A bike will run around 1/4 mile on the fuel in the bowl.

I think somehow I'm not getting fuel so I'm going to go thru the fuel processes
Tank full of fuel open petcock,the fuel travels thru the fuel line and filter until it reaches the little gold nozzle tip on the carboreter which fills up the bowl on the on the bottom of the carb, and when the piston goes down it pulls air from the rear of the carburetor which also makes a Vaccum that pulls the fuel thru the jet when the jet needle is raised -into the Venturi and walah ? Power

I'm glad your spark test is positive and your pressure test shows compression.

Fuel delivery issues I have encountered
*Fuel tank filter clogged with black paint residues and metal bits from factory.
*Flooding from too much tension in the throttle cable and/or idler screw and/or needle clip settings.
*Float is filled with fuel and sinking.
*Jet and/or jet assembly magically unscrewed and is sitting on the bottom of the bowl.
*Carb barrel is installed backwards causing it to be jammed and does not lift to deliver fuel.
*Missing needle pacman clip causing the needle to be loose and not function correctly.
*Carb is not pushed entirely onto the intake manifold.
*Foreign material clogging fuel intake module to carburetor.
*2nd needle fell out from behind/above float hinge.
*Air filter clogged.
*Choke accidentally on.
*Fuel valve off.

How to kno if there is foreign material in fuel intake module?
What's the carb barrel so I can check it was installed properly?
If the float was sinking wouldn't I still get fuel ? (Just no regulation?)
But my float is still hollow and empty .

I'm just trying to cover everything that can happen about fuel delivery in general.

Float floating is good. I forget the symptoms, it was years ago.

Carb barrel - when you unscrew the top of the carb there is the dark tube - it has a slot and a notch. The notch lines up with the idler screw.

Foreign materials, maybe a pocket lint and a gust of wind during installation. I have no idea. You can unscrew it and look through it.

Also is the pacman clip, the silver retaining ring above the needle C-clip

Also the 2nd needle which is on the other side of the fuel inlet on the carb

Last edited:
I dought there is foreign material in the tank or the inlet for carb if the bowl fills up!You said that the engine pulls your thumb in when covering the intake so it should pull fuel thru it!So now I wonder with the carb on the intake and the air filter removed from carb when you twist the throttle do you see the slide(barrel) move up and open properly?If it does open properly and is lifting the needle with it it all should work!The only thing that I can see wrong is that you have alot of drive line noise and if that is from being tight or mis alined and creating a load that wont let you get the engine up to a starting speed!

Here is another super long shot. If you have another rotor magnet try it. It seems you have tried about everything. I have seen a rotor with reverse polarity. It provides spark but at the wrong time. Turning it over won't correct it. Like I said it's a super long shot, but it is a possibility.

Here is another super long shot. If you have another rotor magnet try it. It seems you have tried about everything. I have seen a rotor with reverse polarity. It provides spark but at the wrong time. Turning it over won't correct it. Like I said it's a super long shot, but it is a possibility.
2 in a week would be quite the coincidence, or sign of a plague...

2 in a week would be quite the coincidence, or sign of a plague...
The one I had a problem with concerning polarity happened about 3 months ago. I just brought it back up here due to all the problems trouble shooting Sharks problem. This one hides from you pretty well. It's a fluke, but the recent post of a unmagnetized rotor made me think to include it in my list of many woes.

Back