Converting an e-scooter to gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I've been there done that. http://www.gopednation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317400 http://www.gopednation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321032 they are fun as heck though! Good luck on your projects. I'm puting a goped 46cc engine on an Ezip trailz electric bike with a 5:1 pub trans, just got a goped though so its kinda been put on the back burner. But all I need is the fuel tank I want, cy460r GoPed engine and a throttle with cable... oh and total disassembly and install of the new components :) the bike is still pretty new and works fine as an electric but as you said their top speed is like 15 mph and bad range even on new cells. This is my replacement for my stolen custom Motobecane MB :(

Last edited:
dchevygod,
Thanks.
I liked your project on the goped forum.
I may finish the newest scooter using the Fuji frame, or switch to this type BMX frame.
I think the BMX frame is alot stronger.
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• BMX frame w scooter wheels.jpg
    BMX frame w scooter wheels.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,156
wow we really are cut from the same cloth

I have a haro frame I was gonna build that looks just like the mongoose you have there. But I want to use a larger front wheel so I can have brakes! What is your plan for brakes on the 20" frame with 12.5" wheels?

I would install a rear band brake scooter wheel as a front wheel & slightly spread the fork to fit (non-suspension fork). Use a metal strap to hold the torque lever to the fork (like a coaster brake has).
On the 2 scooter conversions I have now, 1 of them only has the rear band brake, but it stops really well.
-Lowracer-

Here's the completed 'Bike to Scooter' project.
I installed a Mitsubishi 43cc engine to power it & she runs great.
The 'bike scooter' handles better than the other two scooters & is alot lighter.
I've since sold the silver IZIP with the 4 stroke 31cc Huasheng engine & may have a buyer for this one.
If I sell this one, I'll probably take a downhill full suspension mtb & turn it into a 12.5" wheel stand-up scooter just to see how cool it would be having 7" of suspension front & rear.
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• ScooterfromBike20.jpg
    ScooterfromBike20.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 885
  • ScooterfromBike22.jpg
    ScooterfromBike22.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 888
  • ScooterfromBike21.jpg
    ScooterfromBike21.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 850
  • mitsubishi tu43cc.jpg
    mitsubishi tu43cc.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 871
I like it man good job! I personally like the big front small rear chopper look ;) IMG_20130505_083826_591.jpg

I'd like to find a set of 24" shocks instead of the 26" that's on it but I like it. Its heavy duty for sure.

I just bought a new 12.5" scooter wheel off ebay for .99 + 10.00 shipping.
The trick for me is to get both sides threaded, then it can be interchangeable front or rear.
One side for a thread-on freewheel and the other side either a band brake or disc rotor converter.
The width is 110mm so it can also be used in the front wheel position (spreading a std chromoly fork only 10mm's)
-lowracer-

Attachments

• band brake.jpg
    band brake.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 789
  • thread on adapter.jpg
    thread on adapter.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 822
I still have a mag rim from my Schwinn build. Its a front but you could just use the bottom of a 12.5" shock on a longer shock fork couldn't you? I just remembered that the stock front apse rims on the schwinn/ezip e1000 have a 6 bolt flange cast on em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back