Dellorto SHA 12 clone on a 66cc HT

Click onto the Jaguar info link at the JNMotors CDI page to read how to test from scratch to see which jumpers are best. 54kph is 33.5mph which is about 8000rpm which is excellent for a Grubee engine. Be happy with it. Does it vibrate much? Have you done anything to lessen vibrations?
My Dellorto came with the wrong size plastic sleeve so I know what you mean about quality control. I am going to try out a CNS carb next.

I have the dellorto clone I guesd the dax rt and I lovr it! It sounds like a whole different engine now! Much quieter and if you tune it correctly with the right jet your golden. I have heard a tuned nt is nearly as good. Dont know why u would need a needle setting unless your going from extreme altitudes like previous post right?

Ideally you want a carb with ability to change the gas/air ratio for three different ranges: low rpm (idle air screw), mid rpm (needle jet by size/taper and height setting), high rpm (main jet)

the Dellorto allows only a main jet change. I love mine but noticed that when top rpm jetting was right on, the low rpm jetting was lean. So I drilled another hole at the lower portion of the gas orifice column (see picture). Now the jetting is right on from low rpm to high. But what I really love about the Dellorto is that the gas enters the air stream at more than one orifice which means it is probably atomizing the gas better since if it only entered from one orifice it would be large and the gas would enter as large droplets. Entering via more than one means the gas droplets are smaller which means they have less change to experience till they are vapor.
carbholes.jpg

Hi Jaguar,

My engine is mounted using the SBP front mount and jackshaft kit, the fact that I've worked on cars a lot which all have rubber engine mounts, I thought it was normal to use rubber mounts, so I used heat/oil proof rubber in place of any of the spacers which seemed a great idea at the time until I realized the amount of movement the rubber spacers gave the engine was just enough to allow the chain to come off, and also made the engine cog side of the jackshaft kit chain loosen up enough to cause issues, I could have just put the Aluminium spacers back in, but I decided to fabricate proper chain guards with built in chain tensioners and it works a treat! chain stays where it should be, only problem is if it does come off the chain guards need to be removed to get it back on, but thats only 3 allen key bolts on one side or 3 screws and an allen key on the other, if you look at the pictures of my bike you can hardly see the front 2 chains. and you will see the chain guards i made.

Back