Did I get cheated?

intrepid

Local time
5:00 PM
My first upload, hello everyone. Some info about my bike, the question in the next paragraph. I had this 80cc kit since the end of the summer so its been a good time now...My engine is black. I wish I got silver cause it would looks so much better, damn! But that's not the purpose of this upload at all, I just had to tell someone. I paid about $90 for my kit, straight from the chinese suicide factories, so I didn't expect much and it actually treated me well this past year. It goes about 30 max, and I have stock everything. Doesn't start now cause the coil's screwed up. While I wait for a new one to come, I've been tinkering around with it and also got a bunch of new stuff on ebay. Most hasn't come yet.

Looking around the bike a lot this past week, couldn't help but finally notice my engine cylinder, not just the head but the whole cylinder, is smaller than everyone else's. I did get an 80cc, right? With mine, I cannot even fit a head on it since the bolts are so far down in there and you would need a hex key(or phillips I forget) to get the thing off. This is not standard apparently, since everyone else's 80cc's look like this.

And this is mine.

Does cylinder size or shape matter?
Does a smaller one mean a weaker engine in any way?
Does having this smaller cylinder bring my cc's down?
Should I replace mine, or can I even?

Oh and I look forward to talking to you guys...there is so much to talk about with my bike.

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

It does look suspiciously similar to the 49cc engines I've seen. But the only way to know for sure is measure the bore and stroke and calculate it yourself. There are other ways to tell too, like the cylinder stud spacing.

Welcome. Ah, I see, the cylinder looks smaller because the fins on yours have more full corners which make it look fatter/shorter and there are less fins too and they're farther apart unless its just the angle. And you wouldn't be doing 30 mph stock on a 49cc.

Last edited:
That's a 66/80cc 1 piece head engine, I have a few of them. With a good porting and expansion pipe, it will run great!

The 66/80 has almost as much torque as my YD 100!

Attachments

• P_20200427_204717_vHDR_Auto[1].jpg
    P_20200427_204717_vHDR_Auto[1].jpg
    162 KB · Views: 178
  • P_20200427_204815_vHDR_Auto[1].jpg
    P_20200427_204815_vHDR_Auto[1].jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 182
This is a relief. Thanks guys. My heart did sink a little upon reading the first reply, but the others are pretty reassuring. I am kind of a noob with all this technical stuff like calculations of the stroke and bores and all that, whatever bores may be. I will learn with time and experience I guess. From most of you it really does seem like this is an 80. Whew. I may later want to replace the single piece cylinder with a normal one that can have a head mounted on it...one of those $20 huge circular ones in silver would be a nice contrast onto this s**tty bike. More focused on practical upgrades for now, like brakes that work enough to spare my life. Just got a storage rack, put a cabellas bag on it. Also a chain tensener, new equipment looks great!

Back