Do Not Use Boygofast!

Bikeuser

Local time
8:39 AM
Do not deal with boygofast rico group,rick shi, He is a coward and in cahoots with revolution cycles aka bryan samones. His 4 cycle kit which he sent me had a weird rear sprocket.I asked him to resolve this situation. he did not answer and instead I got an email from bryan calling me a moron. I tried to use paypal claim but paypal doesn't even care if the seller send you a freakin brick
its just the delivery. if rick or bryan is reading this. I want to let these dishonest businessmen know that they cannot keep scamming customers forever. I am so hopping mad right now. I shouldn't have to respoke the wheel if the ebay copy and instruction manual said it was a friction mount.

here is a cut and paste

Hello Rick asked me to take your case...
You will need to lace the hub. this can be done at a bike shop for $30 I will trade you for a 44T speed sprocket with rubber mounts if you send me the hub and sprocket.
-=Bryan

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Revolution Cycles <motorizedbicycles@gmail.com> wrote:

I need these 4 stroke parts have the moron return it and i will sell. You see now my reason for having mean dog reputation. I have had only 3 charge backs in the last year and a only 3 or 4 non paying bidders... :) Every now and then you have to tell a monkey to go climb a tree in public so the idiots know you don't tolerate weakness. I will contact him. thanks =b

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Rick Shi <smile888u@yahoo.com> wrote:

Br:
contact him to the installation

thanks

i know!! this idiot wont even respond to my messages!, rick shi is a scammer, it clearly says in his policy that he offers replacements, but he said because i left negative feedback he wont help me.

again, i have bought several engine kits from bgf, and have not had one problem with him or the engines.
also again, bgf does not build the engines....he is a drop shipper and he probably never even opens the boxes to inspect the engines or the kit components.
I'm not sayng that he's the best person to buy from, only that i have had good experience with him.
No matter who you buy from, they all have issues whether it's engine related, or customer service related.
the majority of the places that we can buy engines from are drop shippers, and they do not build or manufacture the engines and kits.

boy wont go

the first kit I got off of eBay was Boy Go Fast. Now maybe the kit was made on Monday because it had problems from the very beginning. One of the main problems I had was that the manual did not give correct information on assembly or on maintenance. I drilled the hole through the seat tube like the manual suggested to mount the motor. The vibration in the engine cut the seat tube in half like a hacksaw. The manual also suggested that I torque head bolts to 15 psi and that promptly stripped one of the nuts.

I did get it all put back together only to find that the rear cog was made very cheaply.I then had to get out my dremel tool and go over all the teeth to make them uniform so it wouldn't dump the chain. The gas tank leaked out of one of the mounting bolts so regardless of what was happening I was losing gas.

The chain tensioner supplied with the kit wound up in the spokes causing me to break six of them. It wound up in this condition after riding about 50 miles. After a while it just plain wore out. this left me stranded about 10 miles from home. Luckily for me I was by a friend with a pickup and I got a ride home.

I found that the float in the carburetor was not set correctly. This caused gasoline to leak out of the carb and dump on the ground. Lucky for me nothing caught fire.

Finally after going for a short ride one of the clips that holds the piston pin in place let go and was promptly eaten by the motor. That was pretty close to home, so all I had to do was to disconnect the motor side chain and a ride it home using pedal power.

Of the three kits I have got so far the best one I got was from Zoom motors. and all I got from them was the engine(I think I also bought a carburetor from them which I'm still using today)It always started up quick and ran like a watch. I am currently using one from Gas Bike and its doing OK, but not quite as smooth as my Zoom motor.

All of these motors were identically specked but I noticed a real difference in the quality of the manufacture, fit and finish.
Who knows they may have all been built in the same factory by the same people. At these prices it is kind of hard to expect perfection but one can hope.

In future I would stay away from Boy Go Fast.

mike

I will say it again, bgf or any other vendor that sells these engines does not build them.
all of these engines are assembled at a factory and the vendors drop ship them.
I have no affiliation with bgf, I've just had good luck with the engine kits that i've gotten from him.
so if you buy an engine from bgf, zoom, or wherever and it fails, blame the factory that built it, not the vendor.
on the other hand, if you buy an engine from a vendor and it fails, that vendor should stand behind what he sells. I think that every vendor should give some sort of warranty on these kits, and actually stand behind it.

very bad experience with bgf

i cant tell you how angry i am with boy go fast of ebay, this guy refuses to send me a replacement engine when its clearly stated under the info section:

"No refunds are offered. Only defective product will be offered for exchange upon buyer receive in 7 days.
It may take up to 7 business days to process your return after we receive your product."

boygofast not talking

well it looks as if boygofast has no way of contacting him, this is what it says on ebay

"Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

he ripped me off and i cant do anything! ive already escalated the case on ebay, and he has never responded to any emails!, what can i do guys?

What can you do.....

1) take the hit and buy a gebe kit like you should have from the start

2) take the hit and but another China kit from someone else

3) take the hit and go to davesmotors.com and get a real engine and build your own bike

4) take the hit and chaulk it up to life

5) take the hit and buy a Goped

C'mon man I just gve you 5 options. This shouldn't be hard to decide.

Ps I'm really ****ed off that these guys who prolly don't even ride are making money hand over fist and still get people to buy their China **** stuff off the internet......MAN did I miss the boat with this business

I have a new kit with an engine that won't run.....bad coil CDI I think. He won't answer my emails now. If he doesn't make things right with me he'll pay big time with major loss of business. I'll paste the raw deal he gave me on every site on the internet and drag him through every mud hole on Ebay. I closed another scam down on Ebay who was selling worthless products and not responding to his customers.....not afraid to do it again.

Last edited:
Back