Does anybody know wassup at Staton Sales Division?

Finally, a day after finally reaching Dave on the phone:

Feb. 11, 2009

Dear Customer :

If your order was shipped by UPS and you want to track your order by www.ups.com
OPEN the PDF file and enter "---------" then the ten numbers-letters below in the UPS field of the Invoice.

-------- * * * * * * * * * * Note: You do NOT enter *'S, but the numbers-letters below in the UPS Field.

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

Staton-Inc.
405-605-3765

i think ebay is setup for the UN-educated MB'er, tho we can do pretty well there once we know what we're looking at...i see many instances of higher pricing than what's available thru direct site-sales...the newb, in his excitement, clicks "buy it now"...and so it goes.

A benefit of this debacle might be some of Staton's MB-forum members, those with long-standing dealings and contacts, might explain to him how the answers and solutions happen HERE in a fast manner.

This is especially true for those of us sub-contracting the builds for others, if we aren't informed of problems or back orders, the ill-will gets magnified, with the trike owner wondering if he's ever going to see his tricycle again. Alls I could tell him was "4 day shipping is the norm".....

And how it would reward customer and supplier alike if ALL VENDORS treated MB orders (which are priced the same as e-Bay kits) with equal priority, at a minimum....

I can now start a trike thread documenting the build, bury all my complaining with this entry.

Glad it's working out, the anticipated tracking number in hand.

On the flip side, I've received shipments from Dave in 3 days. His is a small shop so 'just in time' inventory control probably won't be a feature. Not making excuses, I've also groused some about what I thought was in-attention to my anticipated schedule in regard to shipping times in the past. In the end it worked out and I was happy.

One thing for certain, like his style of products or not, no one can say they are poorly made.

Good luck with the build.

"...i see many instances of higher pricing than what's available thru direct site-sales...the newb, in his excitement, clicks "buy it now"...and so it goes."
Quite the opposite Augie,
I called Dave out on this very thing of offering LOWER prices on Ebay than his own site; as if he were in competition with himself. For that I was admonished on this forum for jumping to conclusions about good ol' Dave. And by David himself that I didn't shop prudently. Psssh. Cusotmer service is not something Staton understands in my opinion. When I finally made enough of an impression for him to respond, oh yes, he called my house. I was at work at the time so he spoke to my wife and quite rudely. and then hung up on her. She didn't even know what it was all about and said nothing to him regarding my complaints.
I made excuses for him at first about his inferior support equipment; bearings, kill switch, and such, acknowledging he doesn't make these parts. However, he still includes these substandard parts in his kits. But I came to realize he just doesn't give a poop about his customers once he has the dollars in his bank.
I didn't give a review of Staton either as it seems nobody here wants to hear anything negetive about Good Ol' Dave.
As I told him, 1st and last business I do with Staton
WC

actually, i've never done business with staton, that statement was general & completely NOT specific about them...and i'm pretty sure that i stayed out of whatever past experiences you had, except maybe moderation for content or conduct if it was that long ago.

Back