Doesn’t kick start, Doesn’t idle, dies when clutch lever is pulled in or when it’s stopped

newuser3466

Local time
11:39 PM
I recently bought a 100cc motorized bike kit off Amazon and once putting it on I’ve never been able to start it or make it idle whenever I try kick start it doesn’t work and when I pedal and let go of the clutch lever it starts and accelerates as long as I’m throttling but if I let the bike come to a stop or a slow speed or pull in the clutch it dies. Can anyone please help me out have no idea what it could be

Yeah when I pedal and engage the clutch it starts up and pulls speed but when I pull in the clutch lever or let the bike come to a slow speed or stop it dies
Have you adjusted your clutch? Make sure your clutch cable is tight... I just recalled. I had an engine that when it got hot, the clutch wouldn't disengage all the way. I changed out the clutch arm where the cable attaches (don't know the proper name), it had worn. I also greased that area between the left and right side where you can make adjustment. Don't know the name.

Last time I checked my c clip was in the centre already
Move the c clip to the bottom notch on the needle and richen it up. I only say this cause when i put in a windowed piston and reed, my zeda 80 it did that. Next time its running, have a can of starting fluid and check for air leaks. especially the crank seals.

a windowed piston and reed,
In YOUR case that was necessary as the windowed piston and reed valve necessitate making it richer...That is not the case on this motor.

Putting it down to the bottom notch at the end of the needle nearest the float will only result in a flooding condition on his very stock 100 cc motor at his relatively low altitude in London.

Next time its running, have a can of starting fluid and check for air leaks. especially the crank seals.
He is not reporting that he is at a high idle whatsoever so this would be an unnecessary test at this point as it does not appear to be a lean running condition problem he is having.

Ok, my bad. maybe to much oil in the gas than? Pic of the plug? Than if the idle screw dont do nothing than does that mean he`d have to lean it out till he got control of the idle screw?

Ok, my bad. maybe to much oil in the gas than? Pic of the plug? Than if the idle screw dont do nothing than does that mean he`d have to lean it out till he got control of the idle screw?
Time to re-read the entire thread to see that we have already covered pretty much all of that, Hence the reason why I went to the next step in the equation with the possibility of the clutch being bound to tightly...lol.

Here’s some pics of the bike not the best of builds pretty dodgy but just want it to idle before I get to looks. Could the exhaust not being mounted properly be an issue? One of the exhaust bolts got stripped haven’t had time to extract the bolt out so only running 1 bolt. exhaust isn’t really doing anything much tbf because you can see a little in the pics the exhaust is to the side because there’s only 1 bolt

Attachments

• ECB6A4F1-6911-4D81-80C9-0D3FCB6FDE0C.jpeg
    ECB6A4F1-6911-4D81-80C9-0D3FCB6FDE0C.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 4F75EC8D-562D-4AFF-938A-AA9E7AC44CD4.jpeg
    4F75EC8D-562D-4AFF-938A-AA9E7AC44CD4.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 1DCC2E78-7C04-49DC-A52A-B8E10E1D1EDD.jpeg
    1DCC2E78-7C04-49DC-A52A-B8E10E1D1EDD.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 102
  • B7BA756B-8B72-4232-82C2-F668F63709E9.jpeg
    B7BA756B-8B72-4232-82C2-F668F63709E9.jpeg