Dual Chain gearbox

Kevbikin09

Local time
10:04 PM
Hello fellow forum goers, I've got a bit of a problem with my dual chain gearbox bellhousing bolt making contact with clutch body(upgraded staton inc centrifuge clutch for tapered shaft). I need to remove that ridiculously oversized bolt but I'm not sure how because the internal gears/bearings are able to spin freely & I dont know how to make anything stop spinning to apply torque-force for bolt removal. Someone in my shop suggested that it might be left hand threaded instead of right hand threaded. Has anyone successfully removed this bolt or does anybody know & wouldn't mind explaining the process of how to remove it.
Please any & all advice is welcome, I've been racking my brain with this for couple weeks.
Thanks in advance for all help received,
Fun & Safe riding to all!!!

Please forgive me for taking so long to reply, been really busy @ work(60+hrs a week) & haven't had time for leisure. But I will take pics after I finish work today & will post them. I may have called it the wrong thing but if this helps right now it's the bikeberry 5G(as they call it) dual chain transmission/reduction box.

I removed back to expose internal gears

Attachments

• 20200718_073620.jpg
    20200718_073620.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 167
& This is the bolt I must remove, another guy @ my shop said we could use a die grinder to cut it off. I try to resort to destruction As a last option but @ the same time I'm running out of summer riding time quickly.

Attachments

• 20200718_073323.jpg
    20200718_073323.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 152
Is some of the clutch bell exposed above the casing? Can you get a strap wrench around it and make it stay on? The other option is to clamp a vise grip to the shaft on the other side, but you'll have to file off any burrs you make or you won't be able to get the gear off later.

I believe strap wrench may work there's about 1/4 in of bell sticking out from casting just gonna have to get 1 & watch YouTube on how to use it. I'm still just not sure on the threading. I'm gonna give the strap wrench in combo with impact a try today. Oh man thank you members soo much for these ideas. I'm positive that bolt's gonna fly right off now. More heads really are better than 1

Back