electrical,computer cut out with evey start

Well, poop. It reset again today, twice. I am going to try unwrapping the wire from the brake cable and putting either rubber tube or tape on it, and putting the computer on the bar over a piece of tube. This is getting old. I don't want to spring for a "nice" computer either, bc. it seems this happens to them just as easily, from other threads.

Someone mentioned that the stock plug wires suck too. I guess I'll wrap it with something till I can order or buy an improved piece/part.

Maybe we're getting somewhere

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=236641&postcount=7

This user says the resetting may be caused by either a defective Cycle Computer (CCP) or because of vibration causing a loose connection at the nubs where it mounts to the sensor wire bracket.

I'm going to put Dielectric Grease (bulb grease) on those points and see if that cures it.
I thought about gluing the booger, but then I couldn't change the battery. UGH. Someone should make a backlit, silicone band mounted CCP that doesn't have the removeable module (battery in back, un strap it from bike to change).

Do any of you have problems with GPS's from the motor interference? I haven't tried that yet but I'm mounting my GPS to the bike soon.

Back