Sprockets Engine Sprocket and chain issue, help!

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by Insignia707, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Insignia707

Insignia707 New Member

So i might be a dumb*ss but i havent gotten the motor running yet and i've run into some problems already. I finally got the chain tool to put the chain onto the wheel sprocket and the engine sprocket next to the clutch. So I hopped on my ride and tried to pedal, the rear bicycle wheel moves only like a half cm when i pedal. So I stomped and jumped on the pedals and literally put all my weight on the pedals, then the rear wheel moved like an inch. so i took the chain off and used a socket & ratchet wrench to try to move the chain sprocket in the engine without the chain, it was hella hard to move the sprocket and took a lot of upper body strength... it was the same way when i fed the chain through. It's a two stroke raw gas engine. I'm assume that theres something wrong with the engine sprocket? If you can help me that would be awesome of you. :(:???:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

do you have your clutch adjusted properly?

3. Take the spark plug out and try it. That should make it easier with no compression...

4. Insignia707

Insignia707 New Member

when i read your replies i didnt have it installed, i just put in the clutch just now... it still doesnt work. I dont know if i put the clutch pin/bolt in the right way in the engine sprocket cover. The clutch pin/bolt is cut into a half circle, does it matter if the flat side or the round side of the clutch pin is next to the bolt connected to the engine sprocket? I know that the spring/tension is at a decent tension, the clutch moves a 1/4" when i put the clutch in when i tried to pedal. The chain is tight as helllll I readjusted the chain tensioner to get better clearance for the chain and to get better tension. so what the **** is the problem? I even took out the spark plug with the clutch still in... still cant pedal

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

you need the flat side, toward the sprocket.

if your engine won't turn over, with the spark plug removed....your chain is probably in a bind (bunched up) under the sprocket cover.

here's some pics of how the finished assembly should look.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=60082&postcount=1

6. ZOOMMOTORBIKES

ZOOMMOTORBIKES New Member

have a warrenty? defective thats not your fault. have it replaced