FireBelly 4 Stroke "Hard Box" Transmission

Hey Fetor,

I'll post pics in a couple weeks when we have them in hand.

Price is $350 for the transmission. Just a few, initially, will be available.

I will say that the high revs of the honda and the washing machine require a sealed oil bath on the primary chain which put the cost a little higher than anticipated. However this is a really nice precision piece of machinery that will be beautiful and bullet proof; designed for yrs of use w/ proper occasional maintenance.

I'm anticipating a 2 lb weight savings over the competition.

All moving parts are off the shelf replaceable w/ the exception of the shafts and the 1st reduction gear which has been milled down in thickness.

Max torque clutch should last a long, long time!

We expect to have them available in four weeks. We'll need to approve the new sealed design.

Thanks, Evan FBC

Looks like up to a 1 wk delay on the transmissions. Lol... I should've anticipated some delays (actually, as soon as I put a time line on it, I knew we would have some).

They are being machined at a small local shop and the CNC mill broke down. All done except the outside profile. Arrgghhh.

I'm confident it is worth the wait!

Looks like up to a 1 wk delay on the transmissions. Lol... I should've anticipated some delays (actually, as soon as I put a time line on it, I knew we would have some).

They are being machined at a small local shop and the CNC mill broke down. All done except the outside profile. Arrgghhh.

I'm confident it is worth the wait!

Ok Fetor sorry for the delay (computer problems). Yes the price is still $350; I'm looking at ways to get the price down.

The 1st one (of the sealed redesign) is mounted and working flawlessly!

here are pics!

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 343
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 348
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 350
  • box4.jpg
    box4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 357
  • box5.jpg
    box5.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 358
  • box6.jpg
    box6.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 373
Ready to ship this week! I'm taking orders/payment now. Pm me or contact me through my website Shop.firebellycycles.com for info. Thanks, Evan

Warranty

Hi, I'd like to know what kind of warranty you will offer. This is important to me since it is a brand new design and might need some bugs worked out. As long as you are offering some type of warranty I'm buying.

We offer email/phone support and for a period of 1 year warrant the transmission free of manufacturing defects, Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of parts at our discretion for defects in material or workmanship. This warranty does not cover improper installation or improper use.

That being said the transmission is designed to last many many miles with only occasional maintenance.

We think the appearance speaks for itself!

It comes mostly assembled and installation is uncomplicated but requires some basic tools. It is designed to be completely rebuildable w/ mostly standard, off the shelf, parts.

At this time we only have o/p shaft sprocket size 5/8" (Honda & Hua Sheng).

Last edited:
I just wanted to make it clear that we will offer continuing support on this transmission. If there are any problems we will do everything we can to help and we'll fix any "bugs" at our expense. I believe we've tested this box enough to rule out any inherent problems but they are warranted. Thanks, Evan FBC

Last edited:
Back