Fouled Plugs, Chain Breaking

Damn Damn damn! lol
Got my order delivered this morning. And the Air filter I ordered. But I didn't need one. I meant to order the inline fuel filter, lol.

So placed another order for the fuel filter, as well as some spark plugs, just in case these ones are fouled. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to clean and regap them lol, I'll have to learn those skills.

Unfortunately because the parts vendor is away, he can't send my order until Tuesday, which means I won't recieve till wednesday next week! :(

Do you think as a temporary fix, I can glue the bottom cap back onto the fuel filter? Should I use superglue? Epoxy? Silicone? Liquid Nails? Gorilla Glue? lol

Thanks for the info so far guys! :)

WINDY CITY BOB: I have seen those tensioners before, and I like it! Will have to find a supplier in Oz, or who ships to Oz.
I like your nickname. Is it a reference to Chicago? I'd love to visit the US, maybe even migrate, as long as Donald Trump doesnt win, hahahah

As a thanks to all those who have been so helpful and patient for me, here is some pictures of my cycle. I hope you guys like it.
I took the front wheel guard off when i first got the bike, am thinking of putting it back on.

Also wanna get a rear rack to stow away my bag, some tools plus whatever else. I ordered one 3 years ago, but it didn't fit, didn't agree with my bikes setup.

Well, I am now off to watch some netflix, and will probably have a go at putting the new chain in later tonight.

Cheers
Kev :)
bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Yes windy city is a nickname for Chicago.
Zamm Also you can get an inline filter and an auto parts store or small engine store like a Lawn mower fuel filter or something along the lines of that or a small motorcycle filter in any kind of auto parts store. I don't know what you said they're available but that's what we have here.
If you visit Chicago let me know hit me up
WINDY CITY BOB

Thanks for the tip WCB, will check them out this weekend.

Oh yeah, I've got a couple spark plugs which fouled with prolly less than 10kms on them. I'm gonna try giving them a clean.
If I need to re-gap the plug, what is the measurement I need to regap it to?

Cheers
Kev :)

Try good synthetic oil at 32:1 to keep from fouling.
Chain alignment is critical for chain life, as is a small amount of slack.
That said, cheap chain is garbage.
I am having good luck with Giant brand BMX (410 or 1/2"x1/8") bicycle chain. Light, cheap, strong.
Make sure all your (esp drive) sprockets are under 0.125" wide to use it.

Cleaning? I pull my chain off, slosh it in a coffee tin of lamp oil (kerosene) and hang it to dry.
Next day I lube it up with my favourite lube of the day. Have not found a perfect one yet.
Chainsaw chain oil, soaked the chain in it overnight in a coffee can. Very cheap, effective.
Beeswax, often from a toilet seal, heated up in a pot, often with additives like alox bullet lube or moly or graphite.
Soap, either heated and melted into the links, or a liquid soap like dish detergent soaked overnight.
Dry lubes like moly, teflon and graphite applied with a solvent and allowed to dry.
And of course, all the commercial preparations, sprayed or soaked, heated or cold.

All worked about the same.
Maybe the soap and dry lubes needed more frequent applications but worked better in sand.
None would make a cheap chain last longer and a good chain worked with them all.
When MX'ing with a non-"O"ring chain in sand and grit, it was practice to remove, clean and lube the chain every night.

This was all from 30 to 40 years ago. Since "O"ring chains came out I "ride and forget".
Might clean and lube it before a big run, but "O"ring chains are hard to remove.
This might be fertile area for study...

Steve
Steve my man,,whatz up buddy... i been away for a week so i missed somethings,,,lol,,,,lol
hey STEVE !!!! TRY THIS OIL, I AM LIKE YOU ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THAT AWESOME LIQUID THAT DOES EVERYTHING GREAT .. ITS CALLED*******MARVEL's MYSTERY OIL************* its in auto stores red,white,black container liquid looks like trans fluid...but STEVE this stuff is great great stuff,,, i have used on everything, cleaning best degreaser out there to where 1 one cap full in your gas tank will rebuild your engine in 2 days...LOL But its good stuff !!!!! how ya been ? i gotta finish my bike upgrades and paint,,, got my 2004 Suzuki RM 85 pipe welded on finally... but i havent fired it up yet or riden,,, and I swear by now days to only do one mod at a time so I can see and now what differences were made where....

Before I would do like 5 things and something go wrong or is wrong you have a b**ch of a time telling what is what,,,,uugggggggggg!!!!!!!

one thing at a time from now on !!!! what you think ?????

Okay guys, tomorrow I'm expecting delivery of a few things I've ordered.

One of the items is a bike chain tool.

When it comes to closing the chain, do I need to use the master link clip?
Would the chain be stronger if I forgot the master link and just used the tool to close the chain?

Back