friction kit help

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by dropndestroy, May 10, 2012.

1. dropndestroy

dropndestroy Member

I dont know if my kit should be movein how it is i got the bike used and am tryin to get everything right.

here is what im talkin about
    http://youtu.be/sgQHph3atSs

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

You're saying that when you push on the end of the shaft, that the roller and clutch bell are moving in and out?

Who made the kit? (Does it have Staton-Inc engraved on the side of the channel?)

Is the channel made of steel or aluminum?

3. dropndestroy

dropndestroy Member

I dont know,who made it but itd,steel and yes I see the roller n clutch r movein

4. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

If the whole crank shaft is moving doesnt that mean that the bearing is worn out or can you tighten the whole crank shaft. On mine if the shaft does that it means that the engine is worn out and bout to blow. I like my kit cause it doesnt have the clutch or all those brackets or bearings..just a drive wheel and an engine that can slide on and off your bike within ten seconds..Good luck i havent had to much experiance with those engines check your bearing.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Don't those steel channel F/D kits use a lock ring on the end of the shaft? If it does maybe it just needs to be adjusted and tightened. Lock ring will be on the opposite side of the clutch side and 1 or 2 hex bolts tightening it down.

6. dropndestroy

dropndestroy Member

this happend today when i was ridein not sure if im goin to go for a whole new kit or not.
    i dont know if i want to go wit a belt drive kit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

That motor exploded didn't it? Were the bolts holding it tight? Is the crank shaft locked up? Are the f/d bearings locked up? I wonder what caused that and that is a dax kit by looking at the slots for the motor to mount. Even if the clutch came apart it should have been contained in the bell and maybe broke the c/s............sorry for your loss bro.

8. dropndestroy

dropndestroy Member

everything was tight checked it b4 i left and it just broke off and was still running handing on the side. i broke my frame aswell since i got upset lmao

9. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Ouch that poor engine. Times like these Im glad i bought the simple kit that i did. Good luck with that. you gonna have to buy a whole new setup or can you just buy the one part?

10. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Nice muffler:whistling:

11. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

i had that happe to me before to it isnt fun me i hit a pothole and the motor passed me up and still running also dax got a titan 50 same type motor 3 hp and it does good on mine 170 shipped

12. dropndestroy

dropndestroy Member

is it a good motor and will it bolt right up

13. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

sure will i got that titan 50 and the dax friction kit monster scooter parts has a motor like yours for i think 128 or something but you half to use your tank and the tank has to be able to presurize or it wont stay running here it is
    http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/49enwimapust.html

14. kallsop

kallsop Member

My sons friction drive bike has that engine. It has been reliable and the power is about what I expected - decent. It's not quite as powerful as my Mitsubishi TLE43. Over the last year or so, he had to buy a new air cleaner housing because the old one vibrated off and was lost, and a new pull start mechanism. Maybe the pull starter could have been fixed, but they are cheap on ebay and time is money. Oh yeah, he had one bolt lost too and I put in a new Allen headed one and cranked it down good. The engine does vibrate some, but less than an in frame China Girl 66cc disposable engine. The engine itself has been solid and never let him down.