From Cincinnati

bellp7

Local time
12:46 PM
I've been thinking about building my own bike here soon, and thought I should soak up some experience from others whom know more about the subject.

This is the bike I'm looking at for the frame link

Any thoughts on it would be very helpful, I would love for some insight.
I am hoping to have a old board track racer feel at the end of the experiance.
I was leaning towards an 80cc motor.

To give an idea of what I plan on doing.
I plan to ride from my house to school at least 3-4 times a week if not more, it's a 6 mile ride one way.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Hello bellp7 welcome. That bike looks like a great bike for a build to me. It couldn't tell if its 26" or not. You may want to check. 26" would be better for me. Plenty of guys selling kits around here. All are friendly. I know its hard to pick, but the prices are really good rite now from everybody. Maybe go to the vendor reviews to make a choice. I recommend staying away from e-bay and buying from one of our sponsors. Take care.

well it turns out that bike sold, and because of the area I live in, it's hard to come by beach cruisers.

I feel like walmart or ebay will be my next friends.
Although I really don't want a new bike, I would like to start with a vintage-esque frame.

Yeah, the beach cruiser type frame fits these engine so well that I'd say it's preferrable to, say, mountain bikes. Though not by a long shot. I have one of each and the mountain bike is more comfortable than the beach cruiser.

New bikes have a much thicker downtube than they used to have. And the happy time engines haven't seemed to make the switch yet. They include an adapter that forces you to drill through the bike's frame. Opinion around here is that that's not a good idea.
I think I agree.

There's a way out; sickbikeparts sells an adapter that doesn't require any drilling. I have one. I haven't installed it yet. I only received it yesterday. But the design looks just fine. I don't doubt that it's going to work.

So you might consider that.

Back