GEBE Long Distance Riders - Add a Tank for 50 oz of Extra Fuel

the 40cc tank already has 3 holes, making it really easy to add a single-line tank.

other than that...

yup i agree, if you want to run a full circuit of fuel-line to avoid making a 3rd hole, it will work just fine.

Last edited:
this is on clearance at davesmotors.com: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1278.html

i think it would mount nicely on the side of most rack-mounts & make a great counter-balance :cool:

Here's a quote from over a year ago, where you suggested the same Goped tank. I probably got this idea from you in the first place! Heck, after while they all just become our own ideas anyway, don't they. Especially as we get older.

Last edited:
shoot, andy...i really don't care about personal credit, this place has always been about sharing.

it was that remark about "finally someone did it" that got my goat :rolleyes:

Last edited:
anyways...sorry for carping on your topic...in your time here you've always been a "do-er" & i respect that...i think you did a great job with your tank mod :)

i love the cover and bling cap. even tho i knew what was inside (yes, i completely remember that tank discussion, it's cool someone picked up on it and made it work) i never figured it could be so nicely dressed :cool:

Last edited:
O.k. then I'm taking your advice. Do you have any pics of what a three hole tanaka extra tank setup looks like when it's complete?
Sorry for being a pain.

the 40cc tank already has 3 holes, making it really easy to add a single-line tank.

other than that...

yup i agree, if you want to run a full circuit of fuel-line to avoid making a 3rd hole, it will work just fine.

not a danged thing to do all winter...

it's not a pain when i'm actually accomplishing something...but this (single-line) job really belongs in that other thread...i don't have a 40 set up w/xtra tank at the moment, but tomorrow i'll post details that should be of help, then we can take it from there. if you want to use andy's tank & mounting, we can do that with your 40cc easy :)

after you've gathered the parts, we could set up a chatzy-room and put it together if you'd like...this old chat-repair was a blast & i encourage other folks to try it too: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6812

Last edited:
super clean install!!! i really dig that ammo box on the other side... looks quite sturdy. you, my friend are a hard core commuter!!! stupid me carries at least 15 lbs of gear on my backpack!!

Back