goose is done!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by kawasaki999, Jul 18, 2008.

1. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

My 4th gebe build, Mongoose Black comb, full suspension, disc brakes front&rear,gp 460, dominator pipe, fast quiet and smooooth.

Attached Files:

2. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

hehe, that chrome Dom. looks pretty good.

i had to make a better rear mount bracket, there was enough fibe's to snap that little cover bracket i was using . i'll try to get a pic this afternoon.

silver looks real sharp.

steve

3. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

The full suspension rides are a whole different animal. I had been looking at the blackcomb for awhile it looks like a nice bike for sure. Keep us updated she looks real nice.

4. Accender

Accender Member

Wow that is awsome, seeing those pics is
    most likley going to cost me some money
    on a full suspension bike!

very nice!

A

5. blacksmith76

blacksmith76 New Member

Wow, that is cool. Has a kind of supermoto look. Definitely gives me some ideas...

6. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Where are you guys getting these pipes?

7. Aaron

Aaron New Member

man thats one nice build, havent seen engines on these type of mountain bikes until now.

8. DetonatorTuning

TWalker, the pipes come from Daves Discount Motors and are made especially for this GP460 engine.

steve

9. appye

appye Guest

Kawasaki999: So you have one gp460 with a Dom pipe and the others are stock exhaust ... Notice any real difference in speed or mileage? I am going to be ordering my stuff in a few days and am still torn in this department.

10. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

1 with dom, the other 2 have x-cans, motor with dom not broke in yet,but x-cans feel like more low end power and dom seems to have more above 8000 rpm range. I will have a used x-can for sale shortly with baffels and elbows installed for 1/2 price of new. I am going with all dom pipes mosty because they r much quieter that the x-can.

11. appye

appye Guest

Much quieter huh? You are not noticing any mileage gain though? What is the difference between an "x-can" and a stock mufler?

12. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

Still on the first gal. Never ran the stock muffler, the x- can is high performance and has 2 exhaust outlets.

13. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

pics

more pic of the goose.

Attached Files:

14. appye

appye Guest

would that be a STINGER on the end of that pipe? How much of a difference do you here with/without? Do you find that it robs low end torque at all?

15. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

the stinger is a lot quieter and does not rob low end ,but it does add to the top end speed. The dominator is kind of doggy until you hit 6000 rpms, then it starts it pull. x-can with x port has more pull down low.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  16. toyotanos

toyotanos New Member

Hey Kawi, I'm contemplating using my Blackcomb as a GEBE kit platform. Any suggestions/ difficulties in using this particular bike? Not looking for super speed, just a quiet putter to get to work with. I'm thinking the 35cc robin...

17. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

The only thing I would suggest is have the wheel re-spoked to 12 ga spokes.

Attached Files:

18. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

New brakes for the goose 203 mm rotors and avid bb7 calipers.

Attached Files:

19. DetonatorTuning

wow, santa's a great guy !!

what's that wild stinger your running now ?

steve

20. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

Steve, the stinger is just a carbonfiber tube jb welded over the copper stinger to make it longer, helps deflect the oil, but made it a little louder. Braking is 60% better now.