Greetings from the Merry Olde Englande!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jonleedsuk, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jonleedsuk

jonleedsuk New Member

Greetings engine powered bicycle fans!

I'm Johnny from the UK, I collect and restore vintage Raleigh Chopper bikes, dunno if you ever had them in the USA, but they are a kind of muscle bike I guess you would call it.

I've been looking into creating a motorised pusher trailer as it seems like its not too difficult a project and riding motorised bicycles in the UK is very illegal (due to the recent trend in mini moto bikes that kids were whizzing round the streets on!) and I thought that a trailer would look less suspicious.

Also I would like to create a dul purpose motorised pusher / cargo carrying trailer that I could use to ride out to the Yorkshire Dales which is a beautiful national park about 40 miles from where I live. That way I could get my camping gear there on the trailer without breaking my back trying to pedal with a rucksack, and then I'd be able to unhitch the trailer from my dual suspension mountain bike and go mountain biking on the offroad trails as usual. Does this sound a bit too good to be true or does anyone think this might be possible?

Anyroad, I hope I will get to chat with some of you folks in the future, just thought I would say a few words to introduce myself. If anyone has any advice on building my project please message me.

kind regards

Johnny

2. jonleedsuk

jonleedsuk New Member

New Biker from UK - Greetings Folks!

Greetings engine powered bicycle fans!

I'm Johnny from the UK, I collect and restore vintage Raleigh Chopper bikes, dunno if you ever had them in the USA, but they are a kind of muscle bike I guess you would call it.

I've been looking into creating a motorised pusher trailer as it seems like its not too difficult a project and riding motorised bicycles in the UK is very illegal (due to the recent trend in mini moto bikes that kids were whizzing round the streets on!) and I thought that a trailer would look less suspicious.

Also I would like to create a dul purpose motorised pusher / cargo carrying trailer that I could use to ride out to the Yorkshire Dales which is a beautiful national park about 40 miles from where I live. That way I could get my camping gear there on the trailer without breaking my back trying to pedal with a rucksack, and then I'd be able to unhitch the trailer from my dual suspension mountain bike and go mountain biking on the offroad trails as usual. Does this sound a bit too good to be true or does anyone think this might be possible?

Anyroad, I hope I will get to chat with some of you folks in the future, just thought I would say a few words to introduce myself. If anyone has any advice on building my project please message me.

kind regards

Johnny

3. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Johnny, welcome to Motoredbikes!
    A trailer will probably catch many glances. After all - how many times do you see one?