Greetings from the Merry Olde Englande!

jonleedsuk

Local time
10:37 PM
Greetings engine powered bicycle fans!

I'm Johnny from the UK, I collect and restore vintage Raleigh Chopper bikes, dunno if you ever had them in the USA, but they are a kind of muscle bike I guess you would call it.

I've been looking into creating a motorised pusher trailer as it seems like its not too difficult a project and riding motorised bicycles in the UK is very illegal (due to the recent trend in mini moto bikes that kids were whizzing round the streets on!) and I thought that a trailer would look less suspicious.

Also I would like to create a dul purpose motorised pusher / cargo carrying trailer that I could use to ride out to the Yorkshire Dales which is a beautiful national park about 40 miles from where I live. That way I could get my camping gear there on the trailer without breaking my back trying to pedal with a rucksack, and then I'd be able to unhitch the trailer from my dual suspension mountain bike and go mountain biking on the offroad trails as usual. Does this sound a bit too good to be true or does anyone think this might be possible?

Anyroad, I hope I will get to chat with some of you folks in the future, just thought I would say a few words to introduce myself. If anyone has any advice on building my project please message me.

kind regards

Johnny

New Biker from UK - Greetings Folks!

Greetings engine powered bicycle fans!

I'm Johnny from the UK, I collect and restore vintage Raleigh Chopper bikes, dunno if you ever had them in the USA, but they are a kind of muscle bike I guess you would call it.

I've been looking into creating a motorised pusher trailer as it seems like its not too difficult a project and riding motorised bicycles in the UK is very illegal (due to the recent trend in mini moto bikes that kids were whizzing round the streets on!) and I thought that a trailer would look less suspicious.

Also I would like to create a dul purpose motorised pusher / cargo carrying trailer that I could use to ride out to the Yorkshire Dales which is a beautiful national park about 40 miles from where I live. That way I could get my camping gear there on the trailer without breaking my back trying to pedal with a rucksack, and then I'd be able to unhitch the trailer from my dual suspension mountain bike and go mountain biking on the offroad trails as usual. Does this sound a bit too good to be true or does anyone think this might be possible?

Anyroad, I hope I will get to chat with some of you folks in the future, just thought I would say a few words to introduce myself. If anyone has any advice on building my project please message me.

kind regards

Johnny

Hi Johnny, welcome to Motoredbikes!
A trailer will probably catch many glances. After all - how many times do you see one?

Back