Happt Time factory assembly - No wonder these engines keep failing

.....Never thought a video of a guy driving a seal would lead to an endorsement of a communist regime and opression of free speech.

+1

But while we're on the subject, China is somewhat enigmatic in the fact that they have a capitalist economy with an authoritarian government.

There is a lot of buzz about the quality of the PK80J engine, but I don't see PowerKingshop on eBay is selling any more HT engines. Am I missing something?

Yes... I wanted to order two more PK80's for builds that I have going on. I noticed the absence of them on eBay and zoombicycles.com (same as powerkingshop) also showed "sold out" on all their kits. I e-mailed them to find out whats going on, Andrew got back to me saying that their shipment is simply delayed because of the Chinese new year and that they will have PK80's back in stock by the end of february :D

Sorry if this is off topic, just wanted to reply to that.

Honestly, religion doesnt mean a thing to me. Free Speech...how much free speech do we really have here anyways??

Religions beliefs aside, China is a government censored country. One example being the China google censorship. You may not fell you enjoy freedom of speech, but that is only because you never endured true censorship and have no comparison.

Yes... I wanted to order two more PK80's for builds that I have going on. I noticed the absence of them on eBay and zoombicycles.com (same as powerkingshop) also showed "sold out" on all their kits. I e-mailed them to find out whats going on, Andrew got back to me saying that their shipment is simply delayed because of the Chinese new year and that they will have PK80's back in stock by the end of february :D

Sorry if this is off topic, just wanted to reply to that.

I think it is relevant as far as a discussion on quality goes. (as the original poster was attempting to lampoon the manufacturing techniques)
And powerkingshop has a reputation for selling kits of decent quality. (relatively speaking, of course) I still think the Grubee Starfire engines made at the NTJL factory are the best, but Grubee will no longer be importing 2 strokes into the USA because of an EPA reclassification of these types of engines. I have ordered dozens of engines from powerkingshop in the past, so its good to know that if I decide to stay in the 2 stroke scene, I have a Canadian source. For now, the 50cc slant head w/steel cylinder by BoyGoFast is my favorite engine.

can bet he's pretty darn good at what he's doing !!!

So again, what is wrong with driving a seal with a hammer.

noTHING if done right
as mentioned already
there are many ways to get those THINGS in there
I have used the proper size socket -- light beat hammer -- one of the best I think
wood with hammer
and just the gentle tapping of a precision hammer -- get's the job done

and most important -- as mentioned already
if that guy beats those THINGS in all day long
you can bet he's pretty darn good at what he's doing !!!

ps -- had to come back and add this
as much as I hate to say it that is -- you can bet he's pretty darn good at what he's doing !!!
I would rather see someone right here in the States doing the job !!!!!!!!

MM

Last edited:
Chinese wages are considerably lower than ours, true, but a big part of why their stuff is so cheap here is the false low value of the Yuan compared to the Dollar. If the Chinese gov. allowed the Yuan to legitimately float on the international money market things would be a lot fairer.

I hear you Mountainman....But due to things out of our control (union wages, trade agreements, liberals blaming conservative, conservatives blaming the liberls) We are just stuck in the middle with our happy times.....and I dont know about you, I love it. Mine may not be high quality, but it is a runner and I love tinkering with it. I am also thankful to live in the USA (no offence to my friends Down Under) and hope that that worker will someday have the same quality of life and same working conditions we have.

....For now, the 50cc slant head w/steel cylinder by BoyGoFast is my favorite engine.

Do those really have a steel sleeved cylinder??? If they do, do they/did they ever make a 80 (66 or whatever) version?

I was thinking of potentiality getting one if they indeed are sleeved, thing is I am a bit leery of BGF as he has the exact same engine specs (power etc.) listed in auctions for the steel sleeved 50cc "Z50SL" as he does for the regular 80cc "Z2-80". Any insight on this?

Back