Happt Time factory assembly - No wonder these engines keep failing

Yep - there is a steel liner pressed into the aluminum jug!
The carburetor also mounts directly to the cylinder, eliminating a potential leak spot.

The Grubee Gen II engines that these BGF engines were patterned after have the same features, but they are rare and expensive. A screw up in EPA paperwork meant that limited shipments of Gen IIs made it here to the USA.

I wouldn't worry about the BGF auction listings. I've noticed that he uses the same description for everything. You'll see the "no such thing as a 80cc engine" disclaimer on clutch levers. As far as HT engine specs go, I think all of them are bogus anyway. I've dealt with BGF a lot, he has earned a top rating by eBay so I wouldn't worry too much about the negative reviews. If you have a do have a problem, be kind and polite and you will get what you give. Seems to me that the people who had trouble were rude and had a "customer is always right" attitude that may not be accepted in China. lol

... Seems to me that the people who had trouble were rude and had a "customer is always right" attitude that may not be accepted in China. lol

Maybe but boygofast is located in CA. I bought from that guy, my kit was fine. he just doesn't do any extras to the kits. What he gets from the factory is what you get, No checking to make sure everything is in the box, I think thats the problem most people have had with him, missing parts. Really thats the factory's fault not BGF, you get what you pay for, and BGF has the lowest prices around.

Maybe but boygofast is located in CA. I bought from that guy, my kit was fine. he just doesn't do any extras to the kits. What he gets from the factory is what you get, No checking to make sure everything is in the box, I think thats the problem most people have had with him, missing parts. Really thats the factory's fault not BGF, you get what you pay for, and BGF has the lowest prices around.

I think most, if not all HT importers just give you whats in the box from the factory. Individual dealers may inspect the items, but this comes at a cost. (of course)

I don't think there is anyone else selling a 2 stroke kit with a steel cylinder sleeve other than BGF and Grubee and the Grubee sellers all jacked up the prices on theirs due to "supply and demand" when they found out that no more were going to be imported due to the EPA paperwork screw up. Too bad because I was ready to commit to 4 dozen of them. (not that my business would make or break anything though....)

Last edited:
Just to give my 2c...

I haven't been in these forums for a very long time. Past the intial painful month with the centrifugal clutch upgrade and a bad CDI, my bike has been maintenance free, even as its frequently hot-cold cycled as its only used to supplement my riding and I leave it in the rain. Its evolved form what used to be a tinkering hobby to just another form of transport.

As I look at the cost of the gasoline r/c engines; my thought was that this chinese pot metal creation somehow manages to do the same thing, and reliably. Good for the cheapass market segment.

A 4 stroke happytime in the same style as the Saito r/c engines would be a novelty.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a 4 stroke happytime. Its a clone of the honda engine made by Grubee.
*maybe not exactly what your talking about.

The 4 stroke kits use a stationary honda clone engine, its not the same as a hypothetical 4 stroke HT as the engine, like the 2 stroke HTs, would be designed to be directly mounted to a bike, the gearbox built into the engine making it more compact, is largely exposed with more fins, and made with different (shoddy) materials.

A 4 stroke happytime made with the same pot metal would be an interesting thing to tinker with and run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back