Hello everyone from a determined FL rider!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ZnsaneRyder, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Hello everyone. I'm interested like you to have a motored-bike and my goal is to have transportation other than a car to save money in the long run.

Plus if I saved hundreds I could build a NICE car in the meantime while I ride my bike, instead of wearing out an old car and hardly having the time and money to fix it because I have to drive it.

Also, I always wanted a go-kart when I was young, so I feel a motored bike trailer pushing my bike would be even better, I'll feel like a kid again! I want the feeling of freedom and traveling as I please!

After scrapping an old car that the wheel and front left come loose from the car while I was driving :eek:, I'm now building the bike trailer. I used a nice Handtruck with some little grippy 10-inch tires, and made a straight 5/8" posi-axle, and a 6-inch pulley to drive the two wheels. I'm going to make the mount for the engine and drivetrain.

The engine will be a 3.5HP Briggs & Stratton horizontal-shaft edger engine. It's quieter than a 2-stroke, and I plan on adding a tractor muffler to quiet it down. I'm looking for about 25-35mph top speed.

The drivetrain and clutch will use a belt. I'm planning on using an idler pulley to slowly engage a cloth-coated clutch-type belt and a large spring to hold it in place once locked. I'm hoping the 6 inch axle pulley and the really small engine pulley along with the small 10 inch tires will give me a low enough ratio.

I'll use this to push a 21 speed, 26 inch aluminum-frame mountain bike, and I'm a light rider about 150lbs.

I can't wait to get it started, it will be so much fun!

Seeing all the bikes here is very inspiring!

2. Welcome Neighbor from the Treasure Coast......
  3. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Thanks, it's great to feel welcome to an awesome biking community!
  4. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Welcome to another from the land of Love Bugs !
  5. alex

alex Guest

Welcome, from Englewood, FL