Hello everyone!

You look rich.... What you could do for a quick fix to see if your rich is take your air filter off go for a full throttle run then take the plug out, that would lean out the mixture
Tested that. Plug looks alot better. [Below] Just trying to figure out how to get more airflow in or lean out the mix. Cant run around without the filter all the time. Sprockets on the way.

Attachments

• 20160623_142419.jpg
    20160623_142419.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 166
You will have to rejet the carb to be done right.....
Well yeah ive gathered that much through searching but cant find any diagrams or pictures of how to get to the jet on the carb i have. Let alone i need to know what size jet id need for Ne altitude

Well yeah ive gathered that much through searching but cant find any diagrams or pictures of how to get to the jet on the carb i have. Let alone i need to know what size jet id need for Ne altitude
No diagrams take the pot / bottom off the carby and in the middle is a brass round thing with a hole in the middle most have a line cut in them for a flat head screw driver or their like a nut thats the jet hole so you make it biger or smaller. Have you got a stock carby or hp one the stock one has a adjustable needle / clip. A bigger gap on the plug will fire when there is lots of petrol. I run the most petrol sittings on stock carby and a big gap good oil to petrol and all ways get 60kph or over

No diagrams take the pot / bottom off the carby and in the middle is a brass round thing with a hole in the middle most have a line cut in them for a flat head screw driver or their like a nut thats the jet hole so you make it biger or smaller. Have you got a stock carby or hp one the stock one has a adjustable needle / clip. A bigger gap on the plug will fire when there is lots of petrol. I run the most petrol sittings on stock carby and a big gap good oil to petrol and all ways get 60kph or over
I got a hp carb. Not exactly a brand name one but gives a lot better than the stock one did. I changed over to a lighter bike and smaller sprocket. No more exhaust leaks due to better gaskets. And were only running maybe 4 or 5 mph better than i was. I will note that at WOT if im at cruising speed it jumps up .5 mph then starts to drop back. Gathered that i need to jet the carb. But is there anything else im missing?

Back