Hello from Arkansas

Howdy t-bone_zach. I'm in the NW corner myself. It sounds like you are ahead of me on your build. I'm still trying to figure out what parts, motor, bike, etc.. I want.

Shawn

Yeah. To be honest, I had know idea what I was getting myself into. I didn't do much research before I got mine (an 80cc boygofast), but I'm pretty happy with it so far. The only problem I have had is that the exhaust gasket burned through relatively quickly and I had to cut a new one. Other than that it has had no problems.

For my bike, I just went to Target and bought their cheapest mountain bike (for about $60), and it is actually a pretty good bike, other than the fact that it has no shocks. And it worked out better because it had the older-style thumb-push gears rather than the kind you twist on the handlebar. This meant that i didn't have to move anything when i mounted the throttle.

Anyway, good luck on your bike and have fun.

-zach

Hello from Pine Bluff,

You still riding? I put my first together last weekend and am trying to make it through the break-in. I'm glad to see more Arkansan's out there with the same idea. Do you have any knowledge of the State laws regarding licencing. When i was researching last year, i found a law that said 80CC or less was okay, but now that i am on one, the only info i can find says 50CC or less. This worries me as i ride 22 miles a day with an 80cc and i work next to the freakin' police station. Any help would be appreciated. Later,

Back