Hello from S.E. Wisconsin

Well if I ever get this machine so it doesn't throw the chain when I back it up....
Tom from Rubicon, WI
I had that same problem. My issue was the motor sproket and bolt on back sprocket weren't alligned strait, and there is a tight and a loose point when chain rotates.
I think at first I also had mounted sprocket on tire backwards. The sprocket dish should curve out wards and when mounting it to tire make sure when u spin tire sprocket spins nice and round not oblong. Hope this helps good luck you'll get it.

Spoke too soon and had chain problems on the way to my shop. I didn't install the jump stop and Milwaukee streets are as bad as riding off-road. New chains here now though and I'll be install it and the jump stop tomorrow probably.

The alignment has been a bit off. Some of the problem could also be my using a 31 tooth rear.
A workmate has the same set-up but is using only three of the four mount screws because the engine mount screw slots are 1mm short front to rear. As a result his engine is angled a bit. Must be something to it.

I know I had chain problems at first, I got rid of the chain tensioner all together and pushed the engine towards the bike drive side (pressure on the top of the cylinder head on the engine drive side) that squared the output sprocket up with the rear sprocket.

Back