Help change MB laws in the US(sort of)

Pulling a comment out of context without the thread link that it was in? Seems like you're taking things on the 'net waaaaay too personal. Look for your enemies elsewhere. Still got a problem? Send a PM rather than clutter up a thread with imagined personal grudges.

If I took it too personal I would've said more at the time.I just find it interesting the only two people who I'd say I've had contention with, are you and bob.One proclaiming not to have or care for MAB's, the other not proud of his if he does.Both touting motorcycles over MAB's.No grudges, just like if a stranger in walmart made that type of joke, I'd blow him off, but consider him a bit of a d**k, and would most certainly remember his face.

The next bill being tabled is one that would prohibit you from smoking in your car. So people like those who like smoke (including weed for those who have nothing better to do than distort their already twisted mind) will get a ticket for puffing away.

Makes my day, I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, I can smell it when the driver in the car in front of me is smoking.and I can tell what they are smoking, hahahaha "hello police, license plate number XXX-XXX is being driven by a pothead who is smoking right now, they are on RT-XX headed south..." hahahahahahahahahahhaa

The next bill being tabled is one that would prohibit you from smoking in your car. So people like those who like smoke (including weed for those who have nothing better to do than distort their already twisted mind) will get a ticket for puffing away.

Makes my day, I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, I can smell it when the driver in the car in front of me is smoking.and I can tell what they are smoking, hahahaha "hello police, license plate number XXX-XXX is being driven by a pothead who is smoking right now, they are on RT-XX headed south..." hahahahahahahahahahhaa

If the bill is being tabled, that means it will not be brought up for a vote.

But know what you mean, I can't stand people who can't stand cigarettes, so there ought to be a law against them. /s

I'm an ex smoker, but expect it in a bar, what is a bar without smoke??Go ahead and poison yourself with nice toxic alcohol, but don't light up, it's bad for you, just stupid.
And the altruistic humanitarian award goes to (drum roll please) Oldbobma!Who probably enjoys a drink now and then and gets law and morality confused on a regular basis.Sounds like he needs some second hand smoke from the car ahead of him, might smooth that bug in his a.s.s.

The hearing is tomorrow, but its not going to go anywhere because it needs to be rewritten. so far its only in effect if children are in the vehicle, its needs to be across the board.

The 2 biggest causes of car accidents are fumbling with the radio or cigarettes.

I don't go to bars.Not because they are full of smoke but full of idiots.

I don't go to bars.Not because they are full of smoke but full of idiots.
Just lots of drinking alone at home, eh bob?Good thing you don't frequent bars around these parts, your 'tude would come out eventually and someone would make you taste your teeth.

Just lots of drinking alone at home, eh bob?Good thing you don't frequent bars around these parts, your 'tude would come out eventually and someone would make you taste your teeth.

I doubt that.
I don't like being surrounded by boozed up idiots, but its unlikely there would any problem. People just don't mess with me.

Your problem is just that you're problem. Richard and I are honest about what a MB is and is not. If people can't accept it thats their problem.A MB is not a viable means of transportation in this part of the country. Thats a fact.
There are laws governing the use of public roads, thats a fact too.If you can't obey the law you can expect to have an unpleasant encounter with law enforcement.

Just for the record and so there's no confusion, the point I've tried to make is that MABs, motor assisted bicycles, could well be a viable means of transportation IF they were self-regulated by a responsible class of users to fall in compliance with existing moped/motorized bike regulations already in place in a majority of state jurisdictions, IE: under 50cc, under 2 HP, automatic (no shifting) and 30 mph top attainable speed. Those stipulations are fine and offer enough leeway for anyone to enjoy the advantage of power assist. 2 HP is roughly 1500 watts and that is plenty, in fact it's a gift, when added to a lightweight bicycle, in exchange for not needing to register, insure or overly license the thing. People need to know when they have a good thing and be recognize when enough is enough.

The problems I see coming is this mildly regulated class of basic transportation as described above will all go away if users continue to push beyond these reasonable limits and continue to insist on bigger engines and faster speeds, in other words making them into what basically amounts to unregulated motorcycles. It's simple, if the aim is to try to skirt the law and think you're going to fly under the radar by building and riding on the public streets a motorcycle on the cheap and call it a bicycle, you're not going to fool anyone; LEOs, state and local legislators, or the general public/vehicle operators who do play by the rules.

OK, I take it back, that was a far too reasonable a response for Oldbobma to muster.I thought you were lumping all of us saying we all wanted motorcycles.I agree with you Rich, about the "self-regulation", but I prefer to call it common sense/consideration of others, with those we don't need the extra laws.It comes down to your rearing, and the more regulations there are the more people will let the state raise their kids, which begets more regulation, and on.
I'll just be glad I live in NM, stay courteous, and hope overpopulation doesn't ruin things here.

I hate to tell ya this Bob since you don't seem to know the laws.
MB are legal to ride on most public streets in most states like it or not.
it makes my day you don't like it.

As far as you not like being around boozed up idiotes, to bad you can not get away from the bigest boozed up idiotes of them all youself.
I wish this form could get rid of the biggest boozed up idiotes of them all you know whom you are Old Bob.

I doubt that.
I
don't like being surrounded by boozed up idiots, but its unlikely there would any problem. People just don't mess with me.

Your problem is just that you're problem. Richard and I are honest about what a MB is and is not. If people can't accept it thats their problem.A MB is not a viable means of transportation in this part of the country. Thats a fact.
There are laws governing the use of public roads, thats a fact too.If you can't obey the law you can expect to have an unpleasant encounter with law enforcement.

Back