Help with clutch

Bbish

Local time
12:34 AM
Hi so I just built my motorized bike and I love it except, I have to constantly adjust my clutch cable and flower nut to get the push button right on the clutch arm. I will have it set up perfectly and everything is tight like the cable screw then after some riding it feels like the cable stretches out causing it catch earlier not letting me use the clutch lock out on the handle bar. So I am constantly adjusting it. Is this normal ? And how do I fix this?

clutch cable & chain will stretch a lot for first week or so, then they will be OK (be sure to also check motor mounts and head bolts too for a while)

So this is normal ? I have only had it for like 5 days and have been riding it constantly

first week or two, I always park it with clutch locked so that stretching will get over with faster - welcome to the joys of chinese steel

oh, BTW, did you stuff a lot of grease into socket bucking bar plugs into in the drive cover - reduces wear there

first week or two, I always park it with clutch locked so that stretching will get over with faster - welcome to the joys of chinese steel

oh, BTW, did you stuff a lot of grease into socket bucking bar plugs into in the drive cover - reduces wear there
... Not to mention the clutch hub - ring gear bearing.

Back