Hide da motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen cloth mesh used to cover the rack and it looks like a loaded bike rack or even full enclosures with metal mesh or screen on the front and back for vents and a tube for exhaust out the back. Look through the picture gallery as far back as you can stand lots of good ideas.
Most cops are so out of touch with the community they ride with their windows up as far as I've seen.

Never understood the Idea of hiding the motor, COPS arn't DEAF they can hear the motor. It would make the operator of the bike look stupid trying to cover the motor when the cops can hear it coming. Trust me if your not legal in your state DON"T put one on unless for private property and farm use only. The outcome can be costly.

I had a guy ride my bike yesterday past my house. From the curb, with him at full throttle, I couldn't hear the bike AT ALL until he was up to my next-door neighbor's house. And I have a plan that will make it even quieter....simply adding a piece of flexible hose running down towards the ground WILL make it quieter, almost to the point of not hearing any noise from the exhaust. I think a LOT of the remaining noise is coming from intake and other engine noises.

Warner

For camo on a friction drive I thought of putting a plastic milk crate around the motor with the bottom cut out. The crates are red and the motor is red sooooooo. Plus the crate has holes all over the sides for air flow, just need to cut the bottom out and mount it some way. As far as cops hearing it well my honda is quiet and since when do cops ride around with the windows down on their cars?

Ya want to hide the motor? Distraction is your friend:

Attachments

• image.07.jpg
    image.07.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 385
Ah, that pic's Japanese Self-Defense Force. あれは本当に格好いいですね!(That's cool, isn't it!)

Yes, as for distraction, I think I'll just put a monkey playing a violin on the back rack!

Thanks for post!

boshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back