Hit by a truck today!

cellphones

Hi,
I was in court couple of days ago in New York for dog leash law found guilty paid fine.Next day i see the judge driving car and talking on cell phone!
I think 85% of people are on them while driving.
Against the law and huge fine here.Problem is it is not enforced at all.
People would probably go on a riot if stopped.

We have all these laws in this country now,but lots of them selectively enforced!

THKS RW:2guns:

I think cell phone laws are gonna get rather strict here after this:

http://cbs4denver.com/local/bicycle.crash.Forney.2.875885.html

Young Bicycle Rider Dies 2 Days After Getting Hit
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) ― Police in Fort Collins say they are continuing to investigate a fatal collision on Tuesday between a bicycle and an SUV.
Erica Forney, 9, died late Thursday night in a Denver hospital. She was riding in the bike lane on Avondale Road near Ramah Drive in the southwest part of the city when she was hit.

According to officers, Michelle Smith was driving a Ford Expedition south on Avondale and drifted into the bicycle lane, causing the head-on crash. Police said she was talking on her cell phone just before the crash.

Forney was not wearing a helmet and sustained head injuries. She was airlifted from Medical Center of the Rockies to Childrens Hospital in Denver soon after getting injured.

It's not clear if Smith will face charges.

Breaking news says she WILL face charges. Frankly I feel she should serve life in jail.

If your driving a two ton monster there is NO PHONE CALL worth taking without pulling over.

Also it's way too easy to get a drivers license.

It's a privilege. Not a right.

And I am absolutely TIRED of the fact that people don't AUTOMATICALLY blame the driver right away.

Yes, there should be no doubt at all about whether the driver will face charges in this one. If she doesn't, then the prosecutor is not doing his job concerning the protection of society.

A nine year old. It makes you want to cry.
If I ever do something like that, I (very literally) will probably not be able to live with myself. They (probably) won't even need to prosecute me. And if I chicken out, then they should prosecute me for that as well.

not talking motor bikes

she has to pay a price for what she has done
what that is -- I am not sure
besides what happens in court
she will also have to live with this

although a young lady here in our town some years back driving her car
killed a man on his bicycle
it was her fault
BUT---she blamed him for wrecking HER LIFE

HOW DOES THAT WORK

she can ride that thing --- not talking motor bikes

you know people make mistakes, sometimes it's important to be on a cell phone when ur driving. I know i've taken a few phone calls while driving because my dad was in the hospital with cancer, or when I was a supervisor for a security company and there was an incident that i had to respond too. Honestly it's an accident, in the 9 year olds case it's unfortunate BUT if I were that girls parents she wouldn't be riding her bike with out me there especially on what sounds to be a busy road. NO HELMET! The article doesn't say what time in the day it was, if it was in the evening she probably had no light, no reflector. I don't mean to sound like a d*ck but this is how I see things. She had head injuries, if she were wearing a helmet she probably would have survived.

Tom i'm glad you're ok! I doubt that lady will be driving while on her cell phone for a long time.

Dude. It only takes a second to call back after you pull over. Push just one button and your phone would automatically call back the last number that tried to call you.
It's simply not worth it. I don't care if you are in a traffic jam. You are in your car driving,YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE!
Even when I shuttled for the airport I NEVER touched that walkie talkie radio unless they were specifically looking for me. And even then I would pull off. Customers complained but most understood.
That little girl incidentally was also riding against traffic because SUV lady hit her HEAD ON. People can say so many things pointing to fault I'm so sick of it you are given a privilege to drive a two ton death machine you better know how to navigate one.
I see reflectors btw.
I also see a bike lane.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator:
She was riding in the bike lane on Avondale Road near Ramah Drive in the southwest part of the city when she was hit.

According to officers, Michelle Smith was driving a Ford Expedition south on Avondale and drifted into the bicycle lane, causing the head-on crash.

A nine year old. It makes you want to cry.
I hear ya.....very sad.

, in the 9 year olds case it's unfortunate BUT if I were that girls parents she wouldn't be riding her bike with out me there especially on what sounds to be a busy road. NO HELMET! The article doesn't say what time in the day it was, if it was in the evening she probably had no light, no reflector. I don't mean to sound like a d*ck but this is how I see things. She had head injuries, if she were wearing a helmet she probably would have survived.

too late R*chard
Blame the parents?.....Blame the lack of helmet?..... SHEESH!!!!
bicycle vs. SUV...head on......no helmet in the world would save ya!
borrow some compassion, stealthc9....geez

Every day I see people driving with their cell phones yapping. It really irritates me.

I bet if these phone junkies were forced to ride a bicycle or motored bicycle for awhile they would soon change their attitude about phones & other gadgets were being bombarded with thesedays.............lethal motor vehicle distractions.

this really aint about cell phones..... this is about stoooopid.

I live on a busy street..... I see nose pickers & cell phone talkers, all the time.
sometimes I see drivers doing both! talk about multi-tasking!!

Back