how do you go about getting in the over 50 mph club.

That predator is ugly, they are big but the power difference is worth the weight.

I think my plans for a predator don't look to bad, they still are a big motor though:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 208
How you doing? This is in response to your ? How do you get into the 50mph club. My advice to you, is scrap that 2 stroke! Your going to spend many hours an many $'s to achieve that an its still just going to be a vibrating 2 stroke, smelly, messy ! An once you get it there, its not going to be a regular thing. The faster you get it the more s**t that will break. I went thru 4 2strokes in 3 months, an thats when I tossed all that crap in the trash. I now run a 212cc Pred. Put carb n intake an pipe on it, an just with that, and a 12 tooth an 44 tooth. My motor is a week old an havent been past approx 5/8 throttle yet, an just that has me at 64mph all day . Here is my bike. I made every pieceView attachment 73259
How much is your predator revving too with that setup? I was wanting to run about a 36 tooth rear sprocket with a 12ish front

That predator is ugly, they are big but the power difference is worth the weight.

I think my plans for a predator don't look to bad, they still are a big motor though:)
the thing is, they only do 6 horses from the factory. not worth the weight difference unless you hop them up. I would want to make at least 12 horsepower from an engine that heavy

Yea ditch the 2-stroke. And KC will tell you his shift kit bike does 43mph, but what he won't tell you is it takes a half mile to get to that speed and the feedback sucks with no engine braking. And you have to shift gears constantly like driving a semi truck.. Wtf!!

Yeah that predator 212 really is SOOO ugly, and clearly WAY TOO BIG, and Soooo HEAVY IT JUST DOESNT WANNA PULL YOU ANYWHERE! (Or you could just hit the gym and lose the weight the predator would add...)

actually a stock predator with governor removed, better carb and an opened up exhaust will put out around 9hp..

Gimme a break KC, You never built a fast single speed?? Singles can go fast and take off fast too. For an ungoverned 212 with high flow intake and exhaust you need a gear ratio around 7:1 for 26" tires and a clutch lockup speed around 35-40mph. I.e. Regular 3/4 MaxTorque clutch with a black spring, or black spring mixed shoes heavy/regular.

2-speed bike with 6.4 top gear... Too tall for me about to swap to 7:1, yep I spend a lot of time in the left lane... On expressways...

The thing about going over 40mph is you need hp and torque to overcome the wind resistance. This is where the 212 makes it easy. A properly setup single can go fast AND get there fast..

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 73274 View attachment 73275 View attachment 73276 Yea ditch the 2-stroke. And KC will tell you his shift kit bike does 43mph, but what he won't tell you is it takes a half mile to get to that speed and the feedback sucks with no engine braking. And you have to shift gears constantly like driving a semi truck.. Wtf!!

Yeah that predator 212 really is SOOO ugly, and clearly WAY TOO BIG, and Soooo HEAVY IT JUST DOESNT WANNA PULL YOU ANYWHERE! (Or you could just hit the gym and lose the weight the predator would add...)

actually a stock predator with governor removed, better carb and an opened up exhaust will put out around 9hp..

Gimme a break KC, You never built a fast single speed?? Singles can go fast and take off fast too. For an ungoverned 212 with high flow intake and exhaust you need a gear ratio around 7:1 for 26" tires and a clutch lockup speed around 35-40mph. I.e. Regular 3/4 MaxTorque clutch with a black spring, or black spring mixed shoes heavy/regular.

2-speed bike with 6.4 top gear... Too tall for me about to swap to 7:1, yep I spend a lot of time in the left lane... On expressways...
That's good too hear:D

My predator has been rejetted, high flow UNI air filter, heavier valve springs, recammed, high flow exhaust, removed governor, billit flywheel.... I know it sounds wicked:p
Was on a racing go kart in a super stock class (if I can remember correctly;))
I bought engine from a guy at a car show and here I am building my death wish:D

Nice. Actually since you have high rpm parts you might wanna run a lower ratio. Just decide what top speed you wanna go and what rpm you want that to be and gear it accordingly. Ie top rpm 7k you wanna go 65 gear it 8:1 and it will theoretically go 67mph. Etc! I'm running taller ratios cause I don't wanna blow the rod or flywheel, so I gear it accordingly for a max rpm of 5400ish..

And yea higher rpm will net you higher hp, you said recammed and rpm parts, probably a higher compression too, I would not be surprised is you're pushing 13-15hp there.

Guess it's a good thing that my engine should be around 9 or 10:)
to be honest, you can have absolutely no idea what you're doing and get 10 horses out of a predator. proper jetting (they run super lean from the factory, god knows why. probably for emissions reasons), removing the governor, and freeing up the intake and exhaust helps quite a bit. throw in some stiffer valve springs, a good cam, a good head, and some fancy billet parts (flywheel and connecting rod critically, a good head helps too but isn't necessary) and 15 is doable. I know one guy who hops up 212s and sells them to minibike guys who claims 20+

Last edited:
Nice. Actually since you have high rpm parts you might wanna run a lower ratio. Just decide what top speed you wanna go and what rpm you want that to be and gear it accordingly. Ie top rpm 7k you wanna go 65 gear it 8:1 and it will theoretically go 67mph. Etc! I'm running taller ratios cause I don't wanna blow the rod or flywheel, so I gear it accordingly for a max rpm of 5400ish..

And yea higher rpm will net you higher hp, you said recammed and rpm parts, probably a higher compression too, I would not be surprised is you're pushing 13-15hp there.
I've seen some crazy things happen too a predator after revving them too high....

Do you know what clutch this is? I've looked around and don't see any numbers or names anywhere! It takes a 35# chain and I was going to find a way to modify the sprocket to the rear wheel.

Back