How does that work?

Oh sh!t so the machine shop I spoke with could have thought I meant a combined cylinder and head and told me they cant do it. I know I can buy a whole topend kit here for 40 bucks but I go thru them fast! So I was thinking to make more hp and get some longevity out of it then its worth it to me!

Last edited:
Oh sh!t so the machine shop I spoke with could have thought I meant a combined cylinder and head and told me they cant do it. I know I can buy a whole topend kit here for 40 bucks but I go thru them fast! So I was thinking to make more hp and get some longevity out of it then its worth it to me!

What are you doing to go through them so fast?
I destroyed one from running it lean. (fuel shut off) Strpped the chrome.
I did damage one by running the stock air filter in dusty conditions, but it continued to run.
I destroyed that one after 1000 miles of hard use from a circlip breaking at 10,000rpm.

Damage from stock air filter pictured below, but still runs:
full

I do alot of long distance at high speeds with higher cr then most and all ways make the engine work harder with low gear ratios,i can get high mileage out of a cylinder but I put that mileage on quick!

I gave up on 2 strokes and moved to 4 strokes when I realized I was gonna need a new top end a month. I was doing maybe 40 miles a day travelling to work and back...got fired for having unreliable transportation...seemed something went wrong at least once a week. Now I just do regular oil changes, adjust my valves, keep my chain tensioned correct and keep all nuts and bolts torqued down, issues are few and far in between. Spent $20 on repairs in the last 6 months to re-weld my clutch Bell back to the shaft.

I do think the high compression ratio is hard on the wristpin bearing, but I had no problems with the chrome cylinder, other than the stock air filter. I was riding to work on mine, about 44km (25 miles) round trip, lots of hills. Could do it in less than half an hour (22kms).

Back