I am interested in Felt bicycles. Anyone else?

The near perfect frame for 4-stroke frame mount

I see this model in Felts 2008 cruiser line not only has a simple hub with 7 speed derailleurs but also springer forks with v-brakes. It is built like a proverbial brick ***thouse and I'm assured it will take a Grubee 4-stroke and tray. I've found that their alloy frames are incredibly strong - at least that was true of their MP. The tragedy is that our only importer in Australia doesn't import it and for them to get one in would cost more than twice its recommended retail price of US$499. They don't even seem keen to do that. This is the bike I've been looking for but how to get my hands on one is the problem. Even the MP, which they do import, retails for over twice the US RRP. You guys in the States are lucky to be a big market with competetive prices.
See attached pic.

Attachments

• Felt Heritage 8740.jpg
    Felt Heritage 8740.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 398
1903 felt,

HBLOCAL,

Thats 1903 is an amazing build. I thought of that bike as soon as I knew about motored bikes.

Nice...

They Are Strong Bikes And Look Very Good When Done If You Have Any Questions On How I Build Them Or Seal The Tank W/out Welding Or Painting I Would Be Happy To Help You Out .

I am very interested in how to seal the tank with out cutting or welding.

felt 1903

:DKeith, those were the BEST pics of a modified 1903 i've ever seen! great detail with fender/chain clearance, front brake, exhaust routing. i really like the way they used the frame for a fuel tank!
good pics, Keith!

5-7 I built that bike w/ out any welding or re-painting it can be done almost all of the felt cruiser frames have the same holes in the frame the bikes w/ the 3" x 24" tires will not work due to the chain rubbing on the tire .
sealing the tank is not that hard but you have to be very careful it sure looks good and gets a lot of attention i have built three of the 1903 models as well as the kingpin ,Mp and many schwinns, good luck

felt 1903

5-7 I am the one who built the 1903 u-saw on the website that is the third 1903 i have built the tanks can be sealed w/ out welding or re-painting .
All of the felt aluminum frames all have the same looking welds on the frame the new steel hydro formed frames do not look the same they have thinner tanks and do not have the same fuel capacity as the aluminum frames they will carry just under a gallon of fuel.
I have built the kingpin model as well as the MP ,vintage flyer ,and other felt cruisers as well as many schwinns
Again i want to verify so there is no confusion that i did build the 1903 and there was no welding , cutting , or re-painting involved , there is always more than one way to skin a cat.:D

How do you seal the tank without welding or cutting? How do you insert the filling cap and outlet line? I think these are the questions people are asking.
Also how good are the springer forks compared to the shonky lightweight ones from Schwinn?

Howdy all. Besides the tank I am wondering about the tire clearance issue. I have a Nirve Street King with a fat 3 incher and am mulling over how to get by the tire but stay between the stays. Thanks.

Howdy all. Besides the tank I am wondering about the tire clearance issue. I have a Nirve Street King with a fat 3 incher and am mulling over how to get by the tire but stay between the stays. Thanks.

I've seen written on these pages that you won't be able to get the chain through the gap if you use a 3" tyre. It's hard enough with a 2.125" inch tyre. Pity cos a fat tyre looks good but the stays are not wide enough.

Found this thread while searching. I plan to pick up a 1903 today, and want to know how to seal up the tank. So whats the secret?

Back