i have a GRUBEE 66cc engine that i need help installing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Tru Street Riderz, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Tru Street Riderz

Tru Street Riderz New Member

Hey Guy's/Gals i recently bought a GRUBEE SKYHAWK 66cc GT5 engine and a Panama Jack Beach Cruiser after months/months of consideration and withing my budget. Whew there are so many choices out there. lol

any way im trying my best to install the whole kit myself and i want to be pro active at doing so. but right now im stuck at trying to center the rear sprocket on the wheel "PLEASE can someone help me through this build i'm trying. i called a couple of shops most of them want $55.00 to $65.00hr to build it, i wish i had it to give, but i want to learn as well so that i dont have to keep running to people in order to fix my problem.

so if there is anyone amongst you who can help please direct me i want to RIIIIIIDE! plus it's my only means of transportation for now and i live in the country in Columbia S.C.

T.S.R.:bowdown:

2. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Hi

Hey. just try to center the rear sprocket as best you can tighten bolts stageredly make sure its still centered. Dish side out. Look at my pics and might help you out, or you'll find answer somewhere here. Good luck.
    http://s1019.photobucket.com/home/lazieboy1/index

3. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

it took me a couple hours to get mine straight and centered to my satisfaction... it's "easy" but time consuming and nitpicky...

4. Tru Street Riderz

Tru Street Riderz New Member

ok

you say easy but whats easy :confused:

5. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Sounds like I need to start a milling service to enlarge the sprocket hole so that it can fit over the dust cap and automatically self center. Did we not spend about a hour on the phone going over this.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  6. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Member

You need an engine lathe to do that right. You can pick one up for about ten grand.

7. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I used a dremel and a griding stone to make the center hole bigger on my sprocket to go over the dust cap. I used the dust cap as a stencil, and i centered it on the sprocket by measuring many angles from the teeth, do not trust the stock sprocket hole as being centered because 9 times out of 10, it won't be

8. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

well, if there is more to your build (fitting it over a coaster brake) mine doesn't have that.

Mine took two hours to get it straight and true on a freewheel. While it was very frustrating and time consuming, but I still consider it "easy" because mine didn't require special tools or machine knowledge... in MY opinion, something can be time consuming but still "easy"

9. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

A good SEARCH will get you the answers you need.

But I wonder how good if an hour long phone convo did no good.

10. speeddemon1234

speeddemon1234 New Member

Should the shin chrome side be outward. I have the opposite and I think that's why my chain is jumping off