instead of wire ties

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Rockjaw, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

anyone have a better idea than these black wire ties on the handle bars? i just built the Micargi Phantom Chopper and the ties look a little cheesey

Attached Files:

2. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

but everything else looks ok i think

Attached Files:

3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

not quite understanding why they are there - if you're tying down the bowden cables, that will just make them hard to pull and wear out faster

Rockjaw likes this.
  4. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

kill switch wire,..front brake wire..clutch wire...i may drill holes in the handle bars and run the wires through

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

One idea is to use black handlebars.

Rockjaw likes this.
  6. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

or i can put a black wire basket on front ,..may kind of hide things...im just seeing now..silver wire ties may look better than this mess

7. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

You can use metal strapping, but it will eventually rust. There is also duct tape or safety wire, but neither really looks any better than zip ties.

Rockjaw likes this.
  8. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

i think they sell chrome zip ties ..looking now thanks!

9. crassius

I tie the kill switch wire onto the throttle cable, but would never tie a cable down to anything solid.

10. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I tie mine down, but not very tightly. they tend to want to go in front of my headlight if they're not held in place.

Rockjaw likes this.
  11. crassius

I use wraps set at about a 2inch loop on some parts of the frame to run cables thru loosely just to keep them from blowing in the wind.

Rockjaw likes this.
  12. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

The one cable you can't size is the throttle.

What I do is get that cable tucked in nice then size all the other cables and wire to match it out in front, then zip tie them back together when the hit the frame.

You don't really see zip-ties just bundling black cable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Works for me.

Rockjaw likes this.