Intake Resonator

Hey Yeti, have you ever used flux & solder? You smear the flux on both joints and heat it up and touch the solder on it and the flux draws the solder into the joint to make it water tight.
No, I haven't. That sounds like a great idea! I think I'll try that.

So what do you do, just put some flux on the brass piece and intake and assemble it and then take the solder gun and solder wire and melt the solder into the crevaces? Or does the flux just go in the crevaces and the solder goes on top around the brass piece?

This is going to be a very very hard first solder experience with dissimilar metals .I wish you the best of luck.
It shouldn't be too hard, one's brass and the other is aluminum. If it was steel and something else, forget it, very hard.

So what do you do, just put some flux on the brass piece and intake and assemble it and then take the solder gun and solder wire and melt the solder into the crevaces? Or does the flux just go in the crevaces and the solder goes on top around the brass piece?
You don't need a gun, but a good propane torch with a fine tip. Put the flux on both parts and then heat them up with the torch. Periodically, while your heating it up, touch the solder to the part. If the solder doesn't melt, heat it a little more. If it melts, then give the solder a quick swipe around the part and the flux will draw it in.

Silver solder has a higher melting point, much closer to aluminum and brass than the regular electronics solder. Would I get a better bond with that?

Silver solder has a higher melting point, much closer to aluminum and brass than the regular electronics solder. Would I get a better bond with that?
While researching melting points, do that also for which bonds better!

Back