Safety Invisible Bike Helmet?? Definately forward thinking.

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by Lunardog, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Lunardog

Lunardog Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

2. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

interesting.i still prefer a helmet.
    imagine the cost of wrapping an airbag around your neck.

3. calpolymike

calpolymike New Member

Forward thinking? more like retard thinking....

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

With your attitude, we wouldn't have automotive airbags, ABS or any of the other significant safety developments over the last 20 years.

The neck airbag is similar to the upper airbag system employed in high end motorcycle road racing leather suits; designed to protect and stabilse the neck vertebrae when the head is being impacted from a collision.

If you combined the bicycle neck airbag with a helmet, the reduction in neck injury would be significant. It's a very smart idea, and gets my tick of approval, but then again, i've never been concerned about how my image will be perceived by others when it comes to safety.

5. Rattail

Rattail New Member

Yeah,but they probably cost an arm and a leg.:rolleyes7:

6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I wonder how much it would cost to buy a new head? :whistling:

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

Can you imagine the explosion necessary to inflate that thing in a fraction of a second? It might blow your eardrums. The truth is, my helmet don't bother me a bit, I would never get this.

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I like safety options and the Invisible Bicycle Helmet is such a desperately needed design - Sign me up for an Invisible Bicycle Helmet as soon as it becomes available!

10. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I would buy it. great idea

11. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Member

Who will be the first one of us to try this out in real life ??:helmet:

12. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

At their site, www.hovding.com, it costs almost 4000 SEK which I think is the Swedish Krona which equals $612 USD.

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Some people might say that $612 USD is expensive, but a lot of people value their head at significantly more than $612 USD; myself included!

14. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Member

So you are getting one !!?

15. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I vote you do.
    I mean, who could tell the difference if it don't work? :)

16. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Member

But in your case it might make a pretty and cute fashion accessory. JK JK lol.

If this thing works like they are saying it might. It will truly revolutionize things. I can still remember horror stories tho about air bags going off in cars. Even happening to techs that were working on them being in the industry myself.. Still when set up right they truly do save lives.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  17. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Wow really like I got to say $600+ does seem like a lot until it save you a hospital bill, but it only a matter of time before the price will drop untill then I will be forest use my MB helmet.

18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Like all of new technologies, they will become cheaper over times as well as more efficient in their integration, i.e. lighter, more comfortable, more effective as well as being fitted to a greater range of clothing to give higher levels of protection.

There will always be the segment of the market which will shun such technology like the hard core road racing cyclist who removes a 20 gram bicycle bell to reduce weight and shaves his legs and gets his manhood circumcised to reduce wind resistance.

19. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

A helmet is in place, ready for it's intented single use, and requireds no mechanisms or sensors to be deployed and I like that. Technology can fail to operate or operate fully, and I'm not taking that risk with the remains of me brains.

20. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

happycheapskate likes this.