Fuel Mixture Is there any fuel boosters out there?

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
12:11 PM
So I run across all types of boosters when I go to the Auto Parts store, engine and/or gas/fuel boosters are a dime a dozen. Thing is when I ask if there’s any 2 Cycle boosters they always tell me there’s nothing out there made for 2 Cycle motors, is this true?? If there is anything I can add to my fuel/oil mixture to improve performance then what is it?? Thx

Elbow grease? ;)
I think whatever time and money you could spend on consumable fuel boosters you should instead put into more lasting improvements to your engine, bike, and clothing. :)

I could be wasting my time and money, but I have had good luck using regular grade (87 octane) pump gas (Ethanol added here where I live), and a splash of octane boost (whatever's on sale) along with synthetic 2-stroke oil. I also add a splash of diesel.
My engine is warmed up a bit, and I have shaved the head to raise compression, and only rarely do I hear pre-ignition (ping), and only then on wide open throttle, and maybe pulling uphill. I do have a Jaguar CDI, which is supposed to retard ignition timing at high rpm though.
I used to use premium gas, but found that with multi-grade gas pumps, you are generally getting a hose full (3/4 of a gallon) of whatever the pump last dispensed (usually 87 octane) anyway, and when you're only buying a small quantity of gas, this is significant. - - I also feel that because of the higher cost, and slower sales of the premium gas, it is far more likely to be stale, due to sitting in storage longer than the regular grade.
I have also had comments from friends that their bikes run better on my gas.
- - Just my thoughts.

I could be wasting my time and money, but I have had good luck using regular grade (87 octane) pump gas (Ethanol added here where I live), and a splash of octane boost (whatever's on sale) along with synthetic 2-stroke oil. I also add a splash of diesel.
My engine is warmed up a bit, and I have shaved the head to raise compression, and only rarely do I hear pre-ignition (ping), and only then on wide open throttle, and maybe pulling uphill. I do have a Jaguar CDI, which is supposed to retard ignition timing at high rpm though.
I used to use premium gas, but found that with multi-grade gas pumps, you are generally getting a hose full (3/4 of a gallon) of whatever the pump last dispensed (usually 87 octane) anyway, and when you're only buying a small quantity of gas, this is significant. - - I also feel that because of the higher cost, and slower sales of the premium gas, it is far more likely to be stale, due to sitting in storage longer than the regular grade.
I have also had comments from friends that their bikes run better on my gas.
- - Just my thoughts.
Good points. I may try to add a splash of Octane Booster, Good idea?

Octane booster isn't a performance enhancer unless you pre-detonate from too high compression. Higher octane slows the burn time so less power vs lower octane fuel.

Octane booster isn't a performance enhancer unless you pre-detonate from too high compression. Higher octane slows the burn time so less power vs lower octane fuel.
Ok so is there anything I can buy over the counter at a Parts store to improve performance? I’ve upgraded my parts now I’m thinking what next??

Well I’m not just referring to a booster regarding speed, I was just assuming there would be something out there to improve performance. They have stuff like Oil Stabalizers made by Lucas for motorcycles..... there’s nothing for 2 cycle’s though?

Back