Jets: The Underside Of The Jets I Bought Look Different. Did I Buy The Wrong Ones?

Sounds like an air leak for sure.
When I had it running I sprayed WD-40 around the intake at the carb and at the head. It didn't seem like there was any leaks there. And it didn't do that yesterday at all.

Different manufacturers use different standards. Most I know of ( I use motorcycle jets) go by metered flow vs say .6mm. One number #60 jet maybe be totally different than another's. Per example, the jets I use, say the #60 was a size that would allow a maximum of 60 ml of flow per minute. making the numbers up so don't try to use them all fancy dancy. Anothers #60 jet may meter out 100ml per minute, but the hole size is .60 mm.

not only does hole size matter, so does the length of the jet and the finish on the ends of the holes. If you bought MB jets, They all go by number size on the hole as far as I've seen. An I have been seeing kits coming out with 65 jets lately, not the old 70 -72 like when I first started. Just another reason I got away from NT carbs, jetted carbs.

Back