Low Profile Air Filter from Sick Bike Parts

gearhead222

Local time
6:14 PM
Dear Fellow members-Is the $13.95 low profile cone shaped air filter from Sick Bike Parts an easy install on the Grubbee 48 cc 2 stroke carb? Does it come with all needed hardware to attach? Is this a dry air filter? Don't see alot of hardware, so was appreciating any info about this carb. My stock air filter housing required some filing to clear the seat tube. Thanx for any info:)-Gearhead

very easy to install... just need a philips screwdriver and I believe an 8mm wrench. Just unscrew the stock two screws on the back of the stock airbox using the Philips.... take the whole box off with everything inside (should be a foam pad and a retainer that kinda resembles a spider web). Put the new filter on and attach using the supplied bolts and an 8mm wrench (the wrench may be a little smaller, I can check what size it is if you want).

Its a dry filter... no oil.

8mm screws is right.
Stock filter is 30mm deep and 60mm diameter.
SBP low profile filter is 28mm deep and 85mm diameter.
Screws straight on.
You already asked and I told you it's a dry element.
Also, as I suggested, ask Pablo about construction. It's not a paper element - it's some sort of epoxy or similar coated element. Not sure what it's made of.

... Steve

Not paper!:D Thanx for the dimensions Aussie Steve. Kinda disappointed that the depth is only 2mm less, as I had to take a rat tail file to my stock air filter housing to make her fit. This is probably all the clearance I need though. Looks great!:)

Back