Making third intake on 66cc.......................

Jag,Fabian,and etc................

Got bike back on road with the new mods..............HEY, didn't mean to be annoying, I just wanted to get it right. VERY much smoother.............It reminds me now of some of the SMALLER motorcycles I've had.

Are you going to mod your pipe with a 2" extender?
Ramping the intake side of the piston has no effect. Ramping the exhaust side only benefits high rpm power.
I've experimented with a steeper ramp for the transfers and I think 50 or 60 degrees from horizontal is even better for midrange power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jaguar,

Yes, I'm going to extend the pipe pretty soon. I'm using the CNS 15mm carb. It's about the same as the 7.5"extention I had with-out a reed, but it's a lot smoother overall. (But I've not had it at really any distance yet.)

Jag, I'm going to cut SBP's expantion right in the middle of baffle, and then extend it 2". Say, that will really help torque also???? I don't have any 4/stroking, but there's a few times it acts like it might want a little more fuel. With that being the case, I wonder if I need to jump a size or two jets? It's stock CNS now.

From the few times I've had bike on road, I notice that it's not running as hot as before I did all of these mods? Maybe it's just me? ............but its alot cooler outside here in Abingdon,Va? I'm at elevation 0f 2400 ASL......

Attachments

• PB112647.jpg
    PB112647.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 250
  • PB122663.jpg
    PB122663.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Any engine change requires retesting different jets. If its running weak and the plug isn't black then I increase the jet size by two (.02mm increments) till it starts to limit the top speed. With my Dellorto carb theres only one jet to play with. Yours (I think) has a pilot jet, needle position, and main jet to play with.

Jag, I've been looking at the DAX RT15mm................I hear that it's a great carb as well I would say its another knock off of DELLORTO as well......

yeah that's one of those chinese imitations of the Dellorto but it works just as well unless they fitted the fuel orifice column too many degrees "off". I prefer to buy original to support the people who created it and to make sure I don't get a faulty one due to starving chinese laborers making mistakes. (obviously it's bad to support systems based on slave labor)

Amen, but we all are helping support such a bad system when it comes to working on these little engines to begin with. Very much the problem is that in order to really have a high quality product, you've got to either move to Germany, or be very wealthy!............Don't you agree?

What you said, is very true!!!!!!!~

well at least we can minimize our contribution to the slave systems. Knowing what I do now I would of bought a Morini engine instead if they were sold here. (imports to here over 8 lbs are no longer "personal" and incur taxes and sometimes have to have special permission)

Yes, Morini is the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ I'll tell ya Jag, but I do enjoy making a not so great product half-way function. (THANKS TO YOUR DOINGS) There's a high you get when what you've done get these china creations to do what they are suppose to.

Back